MarTech Today: GDPR, trends in AI-powered marketing & the Google Assistant/search app on Android & iPhone
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: What is the GDPR, and why should martech care? Mar 20, 2017 by Todd Ruback Columnist Todd Ruback discusses the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation meant […]
Barry Levine on March 21, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- What is the GDPR, and why should martech care?
Mar 20, 2017 by Todd Ruback
Columnist Todd Ruback discusses the General Data Protection Regulation (GDPR), a new EU regulation meant to protect its citizens’ personal data. If you serve customers or have audience members in Europe, read on to learn how this affects you.
- 5-year trends in artificially intelligent marketing
Mar 20, 2017 by Daniel Faggella
How will artificial intelligence transform marketing over the coming years? Columnist Daniel Faggella dives into the results from a survey exploring the major trends and opportunities in AI for marketers.
- Your guide to using Google Assistant and the Google search app on Android & iPhone
Mar 20, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Google Assistant is coming widely to Android phones. Here’s how to use it and other ways to Google on your smartphone — even for iPhone users.
From Marketing Land:
- Advice for AMP-curious publishers
Mar 20, 2017 by Barb Palser
Columnist Barb Palser offers a framework to help publishers assess the potential benefits of Accelerated Mobile Pages.
- A digital marketing CEO’s prescription to cure advertising fraud
Mar 20, 2017 by James Green
As the threat of ad fraud continues to loom over digital marketers, columnist James Green lays out the ingredients we need to promote transparency and drive the industry forward.
- ANA calls for independent audits of ads in the ‘walled gardens’
Mar 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The advertising association asks that Amazon, LinkedIn, Twitter and others join Facebook and Google’s YouTube in this new transparency.
- Google, Facebook to face large fines in Europe unless they change policies
Mar 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
On consumer privacy, the EU and US appear to be headed in opposite directions.
From Around The Web:
- Foursquare Analytics, a Dashboard for Location Intel, Debuts, Street Fight
- Facebook’s Building 8 working on camera, augmented reality, mind reading projects, Business Insider
- Which Responsive Design Framework Is Best? Of Course, It Depends., Smashing Magazine
- Which WordPress Widgets Should You Display in Your Sidebars?, WPExplorer
- Microsoft shares their marketing stack in the Stackies, and it’s awesome, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Budgets for Mobile Apps and Websites Growing, eMarketer
- Building an App or Online Business in 2017? Here’s A DIY Resource Kit of Free Tools & Tips!, Crazy Egg
- 7 Best Uses of Virtual Reality in Marketing, MarTech Advisor
- What Livestreaming Tools Are Best for Your Business?, Small Biz Trends
- You can now save your Instagram Live streams to your camera roll, TechCrunch