MarTech Today: Google Glass Shutters Social Accounts, UnsubCentral’s Options & Fixing Link Rot
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Google Glass Shutters Social Accounts Jan 25, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg Google Glass has killed its Twitter and Instagram accounts, and the social team has said goodbye to its followers on […]
Barry Levine on January 26, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Glass Shutters Social Accounts
Jan 25, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Google Glass has killed its Twitter and Instagram accounts, and the social team has said goodbye to its followers on Google+.
- UnsubCentral Now Offers Choices Beyond Opt-Out For Email Recipients
Jan 25, 2016 by Barry Levine
In its new Preference Center for brands with multiple email service providers, recipients can choose other options besides unsubscribing.
- Cortana Providing Email-Based To-Do Reminders & Deeper Calendar Insights
Jan 25, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Microsoft’s personal assistant, Cortana, has introduced two very useful new features for Windows 10. Both are related to task completion and schedule management. The first feature is to-do remainders gleaned from email. This is similar to how Cortana (and Google Now) mine your email to provide travel reminders.
- Local SEO For WordPress Websites
Jan 25, 2016 by Marcus Miller
Thinking about using WordPress for your local business website? If so, check out columnist Marcus Miller’s handy guide on how to do local SEO with this popular CMS.
- SMX West Early Bird Rates Expire Saturday. Register Today!
Jan 25, 2016 by Search Engine Land
Search Engine Land’s SMX West early bird rates expire this Saturday, January 30. Register today and save $200. Join us for three days of quality, unbiased content. SMX is programmed by the Search Engine Land editorial team. So rest assured you’ll be getting the most out of your investment. We guarantee it. Innovative tactics: Ramp […]
- Preserve Your Content Ecosystem By Fixing Link Rot
Jan 25, 2016 by Garrett French
Columnist Garrett French notes that in many verticals, content resources have gone missing over the years. That’s where you come in.
From Around The Web:
- 6 Social Media WordPress Plugins for Bloggers, www.socialmediaexaminer.com
- Adobe launches Squarespace competitor Adobe Portfolio, venturebeat.com
- Recent Announcements And Implementations in Social Media App Design, usabilitygeek.com
- The Purpose of Site Maps and Other Design Deliverables, www.uxmatters.com
- What is service design & who uses it?, econsultancy.com
- How Personalization & Automation Can Boost Email Conversions, blog.kissmetrics.com
- IAB Launches Data Center of Excellence, www.iab.com
- 3 Ways to Uncomplicate the Complicated Marketing Stack, www.martechadvisor.com
- AOL Debuts A Publisher Platform, Acquires French RTB Shop AlephD, adexchanger.com
- Collaboration to be Key As CMOs Start to Outspend CIOs, www.martechadvisor.com
- Three surprising findings about marketing technology in Australia and New Zealand, econsultancy.com
- Where in the world is the 2016 marketing tech landscape?, chiefmartec.com
- Facebook Expands 3-D Touch Options for iPhone 6S, 6S Plus, www.adweek.com
- Google Decouples Google+ From Its Android Gaming Service, techcrunch.com
- Google+ Photos Search Stopped Working, Search Engine Roundtable
- Inside Facebook’s Ambitious Plan to Connect the Whole World, www.wired.com
- Snapchat Leak Reveals An Upgraded Messaging Experience With Audio & Video Calling, Stickers & More, techcrunch.com
- Spotify Ready to Introduce Video Product, www.wsj.com
- Top 3 Facebook Video Ad Formats for 2016, www.reelseo.com