MarTech Today: Google’s big event, Criteo buys HookLogic & WordPress.com adds SEO tools
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Google debuts new Pixel phone, Google Home & Google Assistant Oct 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan New Google Pixel phones. Google Home to take on Amazon Echo. And more hardware news […]
Barry Levine on October 5, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google debuts new Pixel phone, Google Home & Google Assistant
Oct 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
New Google Pixel phones. Google Home to take on Amazon Echo. And more hardware news from Google, during its big event today.
- Criteo set to acquire HookLogic
Oct 4, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
HookLogic’s solution that powers search ads on retail and travel sites will continue to operate, says Criteo.
- Google seeks to humanize its brand with new “Google Assistant” female persona
Oct 4, 2016 by Greg Sterling
She seeks to be a “companion” that is “always there but never in the way.”
- With Google Assistant & Google Home, Google seeks to win the hands-free generation of search
Oct 4, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Having won on desktop and mobile, Google now wants to succeed in an entire new area: hands-free search, especially within homes.
- Google and Progressive Web Apps: the mobile experience and SEO
Oct 4, 2016 by Jim Yu
What’s the deal with Progressive Web Apps? Columnist Jim Yu explains this exciting new mobile web technology and discusses relevant SEO considerations.
- WordPress.com adds “advanced” SEO tools, and it’ll make you smile
Oct 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
Need a reminder that a lot of business owners are still in need of basic SEO? WordPress.com’s “advanced” tools offer exactly that.
From Around The Web:
- Don’t Make the Mistake of Using Aggregated Data, Web Analytics World
- Google Actively Working On Analytics Spam Issue, Search Engine Roundtable
- Instant Articles Analytics Integration, Luna Metrics
- Which is the Best Permalink Structure For Your Blog?, ProBlogger
- Introducing Contently Live, Contently
- Shopify acquires product design firm Boltmade to boost Shopify Plus, TechCrunch
- 5 Ways Marketers Can Improve Their Data Management, www.cmswire.com
- How artificial intelligence can unlock the potential of mobile retail, Internet Retailer
- How Modern Information Management Can Lead to Happier Customers, www.cmswire.com
- Marketo Unveils Suite of Product Updates, Continues to Set the Agenda for Tomorrow’s Marketer, PR Newswire
- There’s No Reason Not To Be Bullish On Ad Tech, Ad Exchanger
- Episerver Acquires Omnichannel Campaign Management Vendor Optivo, PR Newswire
- Will marketers be automated out of a job?, eConsultancy
- 4 Things You Think You Know About Location Services (But Don’t), www.cmswire.com
- What is AMP? What are the benefits? And how can I implement it?, www.branded3.com