Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Google’s Control Of Android, Future Of Retail Analytics & Tracking Emojis
Barry Levine on November 30, 2015 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- App Developers To Europe: Don’t Hurt Google’s Ability To “Improve” Android
Nov 25, 2015 by Greg Sterling
A group of roughly 140 Android developers under the coordination of an organization called the Application Developers Alliance is appealing to the European Commission not to take any action that could diminish Google’s control over the OS and contribute to Android fragmentation.
- 2016: Manual Link Building & SEO
Nov 25, 2015 by Andrew Dennis
Can link building truly be replaced by content marketing and “link earning”? Columnist Andrew Dennis doesn’t think so. Here’s why.
- Kantar-Shopcom And 4Info Partnership Offers Look At Future Of Retail Analytics
Nov 25, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Mobile advertising platform 4INFO has announced a deal with shopper targeting and analytics provider Kantar Shopcom. It offers brands the ability to measure the incremental impact of digital media on in-store sales at the SKU level. A number of companies, including Google, are now measuring store visits after exposure to digital ads.
- App Intelligence Platform appFigures Releases “Cards” For Sharing User Reviews
Nov 25, 2015 by Barry Levine
The idea is to make it as easy as possible for an app publisher to share any praise.
- Social Analytics Platform Zoomph Can Now Help Brands Track Emojis
Nov 24, 2015 by Barry Levine
New feature — the first of its kind, the company says — gives social marketers the info they need to respond to specific emojis in posts about their brands.
- 3 Google Patents You Need To Know About In 2016
Nov 25, 2015 by Pratik Dholakiya
Columnist Pratik Dholakiya outlines three patents that Google is applying for and explains how they could affect search results for you and your clients.
- How Trust & Unique Identification Impact Semantic Search
Nov 25, 2015 by Barbara Starr
Is your content trustworthy, and does that matter? Columnist Barbara Starr explores how Google might be using trust as a signal when displaying search results.
From Around The Web:
- Apple Has Acquired Faceshift, Maker Of Motion Capture Tech Used In Star Wars, techcrunch.com
- The Complete Guide to Website Push Notifications for Ecommerce, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Should A Data Scientist Lead Your Marketing Team?, adexchanger.com
- Google Shares Black Friday Location Data for Marketers, adage.com
- Tracing The Roots Of Wearable Technology, techcrunch.com
- Advanced LinkedIn Ads Targeting Research, www.clixmarketing.com
- Facebook SDK for tvOS Now Available, developers.facebook.com
- Facebook Testing New Admin Panel for Messaging by Pages?, www.adweek.com
- Launching native video support for Twitter Kit, Twitter Blog