Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Google’s “Real-Time Ads,” Replacing Social Marketers & bRealTime’s Header Bidding Container
Barry Levine on January 21, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Announces “Real-Time Ads” So Marketers Can Jump On The Next Left Shark Moment
Jan 20, 2016 by Barry Levine
The tech giant is also beefing up its YouTube AdBlitz site and channel for Super Bowl ads.
- Can A Hybrid Email Sending Strategy Give You The Best Of Both Worlds?
Jan 20, 2016 by Steve Dille
Email marketers may think they need to choose between in-house and cloud-based technologies, but columnist Steve Dille argues there’s room for them to succeed together.
- Google Files Patent To Replace Social Media Marketers
Jan 20, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Google’s newest patent suggests copy to ensure that links shared in social media find wider distribution.
- Yahoo Adds Native Inventory To BrightRoll Exchange
Jan 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
A new API gives buyers access to native ad inventory on Yahoo properties and other apps using Yahoo App Publishing.
- Data Security And Privacy: Marketing’s Top Conundrum In 2016
Jan 20, 2016 by Josh Manion
With stronger regulations looming, US marketers need to put data privacy front and center. Columnist Josh Manion explains how enterprise tag management can help you manage customer data.
- Ad Exchange bRealTime Launches Biddr+ for Header Bidding
Jan 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
New service provides a “container” for multiple ad bidders, so a publisher’s site only needs one tag to call it.
- Study: Quality Backlinks & Comprehensive Content Are Still Biggest Factors In Google Rankings
Jan 20, 2016 by Greg Finn
A new study broke down one million Google results. The results show that links and content had the highest correlation with a low Google position.
- The Blogger’s Guide To Nofollow Links
Jan 20, 2016 by Pratik Dholakiya
Do nofollow links make you cringe? You’re not alone. But columnist Pratik Dholakiya explains why they’re not so bad and how they can actually boost your site.
- Google Search Console Adds AMP Error Report
Jan 20, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
A new report was added to the Google Search Console under the Search Appearance tab for AMP errors.
- Want To Speak At SMX London? Here’s How
Jan 20, 2016 by Chris Sherman
The agenda for our upcoming SMX London show is live, and we’ve opened up our “speaking pitch” form for select sessions for the show, which will take place May 18–19, 2016. To increase the odds of being selected, be sure to have read the agenda. Understand what the sessions are about. Ensure that your pitch […]
From Around The Web:
- LinkNYC’s free gigabit Wi-Fi is here, and it is glorious, www.engadget.com
- Wal-Mart combines its e-commerce and tech teams, www.internetretailer.com
- Plugin Detects “Weak” Language in Emails – Avoid These Words, smallbiztrends.com
- Marketing Cloud Companies Qualia and BlueCava Announce Merger, www.marketwired.com
- Vennli Updates Analytics Software With New Customer Segmentation And Data Visualization Features, vennli.com
- Meet the Former Google Exec Responsible for Building Up PHD’s Technology Marketing, www.adweek.com
- 5 Tips For Executing Cross-Device Targeting, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Adds Tor Support on Android Devices, blogs.wsj.com
- Facebook Tests New Web Browser for Flagship Mobile Apps, www.adweek.com
- Publishers scramble to prepare for Google’s fast mobile pages initiative, digiday.com
- New Photo Upload Options for Facebook Page Admins, www.adweek.com