MarTech Today: Google’s Search Head Leaves, Live 360-Degree Video & The EU-US Privacy Shield
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: What’s Next, As Google’s Head Of Search Leaves & Its Machine Learning Chief Takes Over? Feb 3, 2016 by Danny Sullivan After 15 years, Google search chief Amit Singhal is moving […]
Barry Levine on February 4, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- What’s Next, As Google’s Head Of Search Leaves & Its Machine Learning Chief Takes Over?
Feb 3, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
After 15 years, Google search chief Amit Singhal is moving on. In his place, machine learning head John Giannandrea is taking over. The rise of the machines?
- Live 360-Degree Video Would Attract Attention, But Would It Help Marketers?
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Levine
A new report that Google’s YouTube is actively working toward tech in support of live-streaming 360-degree video gets two thumbs up and one down.
- EU-US Privacy Shield Announced To Replace Safe Harbor Privacy Deal
Feb 3, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After months of not knowing the future of transatlantic data flows privacy, the European Commission announced the replacement for the Safe Harbor.
- Choosing A Call Tracking Vendor
Feb 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
If you’ve ever typed “call tracking” into your search engine of choice, you’re probably already aware that there are several call tracking companies from which to choose. It’s great to have options, but it can make the process of picking the right company a little overwhelming.
From Around The Web:
- Google is giving its high-speed Fiber Internet away for free to public housing residents, venturebeat.com
- Google to Test Driverless Cars Near Seattle, www.wsj.com
- DCA sues ICANN for fraud, demands cash, domainincite.com
- Time Inc’s new beauty site is an e-commerce and data play, digiday.com
- Overengineering Can Make The Digital Ad Industry Its Own Worst Enemy, adexchanger.com
- AppNexus Launches Headerbid Expert, www.prnewswire.com
- Lotame Names Doron Wesly Senior Vice President of Marketing and Chief Marketing Officer, www.marketwired.com
- How Digital Technology is Fanning Excitement for Super Bowl Sunday, www.martechadvisor.com
- Telco Ad Tech Investments Follow A “Wheel Of Fortune” Philosophy, adexchanger.com