MarTech Today: IAB Newfronts, marketing fundamentals & Google’s new ID requirements for political ads
Barry Levine on May 8, 2018 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- IAB’s Newfronts: Online program makers pitch action, cross-platform mini-brands and the shape of the new TV
May 7, 2018 by Barry Levine
YouTube is settling into its role as a star-maker, even as other program producers are booming with content ideas and social energy.
- Don’t sacrifice marketing fundamentals for the sake of being first
May 7, 2018 by Evan Magliocca
Cutting-edge marketing technology has its place, but contributor Evan Magliocca says retailers mustn’t misalign their priorities.
From Marketing Land:
- Ask the SMXpert: Google manual penalties explained
May 7, 2018 by Debra Mastaler
Have you ever gotten a manual penalty from Google? It’s no fun. Contributor and SMXpert Kaspar Szymanski shares answers and insights on how to avoid getting another ‘love note’ in the future.
- Google rolls out new ID requirements for US political ads
May 7, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Due to increased scrutiny of how these ads affect users and voters, company says more transparency intiatives are to come.
From Around The Web:
- Cambridge Analytica kept Facebook data models through US election, The Guardian
- How Microsoft CEO Satya Nadella is rethinking Windows, The Verge
- Instagram code reveals upcoming music feature, TechCrunch