MarTech Today: IAB’s first report on AR/VR, Google’s RGB-Hex color converter & more
Barry Levine on October 11, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- IAB’s first report on VR/AR surveys the terrain for marketers
Oct 10, 2016 by Barry Levine
The study is a first step toward the organization’s development of guidelines for ads.
- The ins, outs and industry effects of Apple’s Limit Ad Tracking changes
Oct 10, 2016 by Craig Weinberg
Apple’s most recent iOS update brought with it a stronger setting for preventing advertiser tracking. Columnist Craig Weinberg discusses the implications for marketers.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #30: A conversation with Google’s Gary Illyes (part 1)
Oct 10, 2016 by Matt McGee
In part one of a two-part podcast conversation, we speak with Google’s Gary Illyes about the recent Penguin algorithm update, plus voice search and keyword data in Google Search Console and Google Analytics.
- Google Penguin looks mostly at your link source, says Google
Oct 10, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
When we asked Google’s Gary Illyes about Penguin, he said SEOs should focus on where their links come from for the most part but they have less to worry about now that Penguin devalues those links, as opposed to demotes the site.
- Google puts RGB-Hex color converter in search results for “RGB to Hex” queries
Oct 10, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Often used for web design and graphic design work, an RGB color conversion tool determines exact color values.
From Around The Web:
- 5 tracking errors that mess up your analytics reports, www.internetretailer.com
- How Airbnb Uses Data Science to Improve Their Product and Marketing, blog.kissmetrics.com
- Instant Articles Analytics Integration, www.lunametrics.com
- eBay will buy a visual search company, www.internetretailer.com
- Facebook and Oculus promise millions in funding for diverse apps, education, and more for VR, venturebeat.com
- 6 techniques for improving the UX design of your mobile app, www.usertesting.com
- AMP for eCommerce, yoast.com
- Tips for Optimizing Ecommerce Through Eye Tracking, multichannelmerchant.com
- Amazon Quietly Expands Its Ad Tech Capabilities, adexchanger.com
- Marketers: Don’t Integrate Alone, www.martechadvisor.com
- Odds are your marketing stack is way bigger than you think it is, chiefmartec.com
- Google Cast App to Be Renamed Google Home App, variety.com
- The Complete Guide to Creating On-Site Reviews+Testimonials Pages, moz.com
- When is data science a house of cards?, engineering.pinterest.com
- Audio 360: Facebook Brings Spatial Audio to 360-Degree Videos, www.adweek.com
- Saying goodbye to the YouTube v2 Uploads API service, youtube-eng.googleblog.com