MarTech Today: IAB’s guidance for transition to HTML5 ads, complete data ownership & the biggest ad fraud botnet yet
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: 51% of US adults have bought something online via their cellphones [Pew data] Dec 20, 2016 by Matt McGee Latest Pew e-commerce research also shows that 80 percent shop online, […]
Barry Levine on December 21, 2016 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- 51% of US adults have bought something online via their cellphones [Pew data]
Dec 20, 2016 by Matt McGee
Latest Pew e-commerce research also shows that 80 percent shop online, but buying isn’t a frequent occurrence for most.
- IAB says all video ads should be HTML5 based by July 2017, issues transition guidance
Dec 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
New tools are forthcoming to help publishers and advertisers make the switch from Flash once and for all.
- The power of data ownership: Getting it right in 2017
Dec 20, 2016 by Josh Manion
Columnist Josh Manion believes that complete data ownership is the only option for enterprises seeking to engage individual consumers with relevant and timely experiences.
From Marketing Land:
- Get answers to your marketing automation questions
Dec 20, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Got questions about marketing automation? Marketing Land’s B2B Marketing Automation Platforms: A Marketer’s Guide has you covered. The 49-page report reviews the latest trends, opportunities and challenges facing the market for marketing automation tools.
- Pokémon, mobile SEO and more: Our top mobile columns for 2016
Dec 20, 2016 by Desiree Everts DeNunzio
Looking to learn more about the mobile trends that dominated 2016? Check out our most widely read mobile columns from the past year.
- White Ops reports biggest ad fraud botnet found yet: ‘Methbot’ targeting high-CPM video inventory
Dec 20, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
The botnet has been siphoning an estimated $3 to $5 million in ad revenue per day, making it the largest ad fraud scam uncovered to date.
- Do you have the martech knowledge you need?
Dec 19, 2016 by Scott Brinker
Albert Einstein said, “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Seems the martech challenges we face prove Einstein correct yet again. Matching practical experience with the right strategy, talent and organization makes the difference between leaders and stragglers in our software-powered marketing world. Where are you on that continuum?
From Around The Web:
- How Customer Interaction Analytics Supports Your Cybersecurity Strategy, www.cmswire.com
- How to Get the Non-Technical People in Your Office Excited About Analytics, blog.kissmetrics.com
- You Need an Eagle Eye to Keep Analytics (and Data) Secure, www.cmswire.com
- Amazon’s Echo Sells Out – Except in Stores, www.wsj.com
- Seven tips for boosting ecommerce performance, econsultancy.com
- The impact of Amazon’s Alexa on e-commerce, www.internetretailer.com
- Datorama Lets Marketers Ask Alexa to Query Campaign Data, adage.com
- 3 big trends for AI in 2017, venturebeat.com
- A Briefing With Amazon, Ad Tech’s Dark Horse, adexchanger.com
- B2B Marketers Want AI, but Worry How to Integrate It, www.emarketer.com
- CMO Organization gets more Skin in the Technology Game, www.martechadvisor.com
- Livestreaming vs. Live Broadcasting: A Necessary Introduction, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.