MarTech Today: IAB’s L.E.A.N. Ads; Advanced Tech SEO & Safe Harbor’s Purgatory
Here’s our recap of what’s happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the Web.
From Marketing Land:
- The IAB Introduces L.E.A.N. Ads Program In Response To Ad Blocking
Oct 16, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
The group has introduced the L.E.A.N. Ads program to address the reasons consumers turn to ad blocking.
- Ad Blockers & Analytics: What Webmasters Should Know And Do
Oct 16, 2015 by Max Prin
Contributor Max Prin analyzes how an ad blocker works and offers a workaround to ensure you can deliver most Web page content and retrieve analytics data.
- Safe Harbor Overthrow Creates New Data Purgatory For US, EU Companies
Oct 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
The SIINDA conference in Prague concluded today with a panel of European publishers and lawyers discussing a range of legal and regulatory issues now facing companies operating in Europe: taxation, competition, but mostly the defeat of the current Safe Harbor data transfer agreement.
- Evaluating Website Performance: I’m All About That Slope, ‘Bout That Slope
Oct 16, 2015 by Brian Massey
When you’re looking at a graph in Google Analytics, is it really obvious what you’re seeing? Not always. Columnist Brian Massey explains how you can understand the changes in your metrics and know what’s working for your online business.
- Buffer’s Pablo Now Creates Images Optimized For All The Social Networks
Oct 15, 2015 by Martin Beck
Free tool gives people simple way to create square images for Instagram, horizontal for Facebook and Twitter, vertical for Pinterest.
- The Latest In Advanced Technical SEO: SMX East Recap
Oct 16, 2015 by Tony Edward
Columnist Tony Edward summarizes presentations from an SMX East session on how to tackle complex technical website issues that impact search engine optimization.
From Around The Web:
- 5 Best WordPress Audience Understanding Plugins, www.searchenginepeople.com
- Want to Explain How-To? Do It Visually With These Free Tools, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Email security provider Mimecast files for U.S. IPO, www.reuters.com
- Eyeview and WideOrbit Partner on Programmatic TV Ad Buying, www.prnewswire.com
- Selligent To Merge With Strongview To Build Global Marketing Technology Company, www.martechadvisor.com
- This AI writes clickbait headlines, and its results may surprise you, qz.com
- LinkedIn Targeting Tools Lead to Better ROE, smallbiztrends.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.