MarTech Today: iAd App Network, Sophisticated Bots Are Winning & Google Core Algorithm Updates
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Apple iAd’s App Network Shutting Down
Jan 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Another sign that Apple is taking iAd in a new direction.
- Paris-Based Startup Reelevant Offers Simplified Email Personalization
Jan 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company’s “live intelligence” solution can change a product photo in an email to an image that is more rain-appropriate if the recipient’s weather changes.
- Don’t Miss SMX West – Here Are 10 Reasons Why
Jan 19, 2016 by Marketing Land
Are you obsessed with SEO or SEM? Then SMX West is for you! Here are 10 reasons you should attend: 10. Pre-Conference Workshops Pre-conference workshops offer a full day deep-dive into SEO, advanced AdWords, local search, in-house SEO, personal branding, or SEO/User Experience (UX).
- Study: Sophisticated Bots Outwitting Marketers, Will Cost $7.2 Billion In 2016
Jan 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Ad fraud is a major problem in digital advertising that results in billions of dollars in annual losses to marketers. While marketers are winning the battle against “basic bots,” they’re losing against more sophisticated bots, according to a new study and report from White Ops and the Association of National Advertisers (ANA).
- Twitter Sustains Massive Outage Across Web, Mobile & APIs
Jan 19, 2016 by Greg Finn
You may have issues using Twitter this morning. They are working on fixing a service issue.
- What Is The New eBay Enterprise All About?
Jan 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
We asked the new CEO of the eBay spinoff, following several months in which it sold off divisions and acquired two companies.
- You Can Now Install Android Apps Directly From Google’s Search Results
Jan 19, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Some Android users can install Android apps from within the mobile search results, bypassing a step to the Google Play store.
- Google Core Algorithm Updates Continue As SEOs Notice Weekend Google Update
Jan 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Another Google update this weekend has been confirmed, but it is a core update, not Penguin.
- Google To Shut Several Search APIs In February
Jan 18, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google to close the Google Patent Search API, Google News Search API, Google Blog Search API, Google Video Search API, Google Image Search APIs on February 15.
From Around The Web:
- Who owns data analytics in your company? And who should?, econsultancy.com
- Facebook is opening an Oculus research office in Pittsburgh, venturebeat.com
- 4 Tools to Create Interactive Content in Minutes, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- What Happened When I Flipped a WordPress Based Site from http to https, sugarrae.com
- 12 Tools For UX Design Newbies, usabilitygeek.com
- AlpNames overtakes GoDaddy As The 2nd Largest New gTLD Domain Registrar, www.thedomains.com
- Ecommerce checkout progress indicators: essential, not optional, econsultancy.com
- First Amazon Dash-Powered Devices Go Live, Will Automatically Reorder Supplies For You, techcrunch.com
- How Amazon Is Slowly Building a World in Which It Takes Very Little Effort to Shop, www.adweek.com
- How e-retailers plan to improve personalization in 2016, www.internetretailer.com
- Fusion Marketing Partners Agency Rolls Out Marketing Automation Services, fusionmarketingpartners.com
- How the Tech Emerging From CES Could Impact Local Advertisers, streetfightmag.com
- How to Combine Social Media and B2B Marketing Automation, www.convinceandconvert.com
- 5oosh Celebrity Engagement Platform Launches on iOS, Android, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.