MarTech Today: IBM’s ads that think, the IoT of retail & more
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology. as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- IBM announces Watson-powered ads that think
Jun 2, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new “cognitive ads,” launching this fall initially through IBM’s The Weather Company, enable consumers to conduct brand-related conversations with the Jeopardy winner.
- Instagram’s algorithmic feed will officially roll out over the next month
Jun 3, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Instagram claims people miss 70% of the posts in their reverse-chronological feeds, so it will officially roll out an algorithmic feed over the next month.
- How to harness the IoT of retail technology
Jun 3, 2016 by Allan Haims
As the Internet of Things transforms retail, columnist Allan Haims discusses the hurdles and how businesses can successfully integrate the vast amounts of IoT data.
- My SEO optimized & UI-friendly e-commerce Frankenstein
Jun 3, 2016 by Christian Sculthorp
If you could create the perfect e-commerce website by combining elements from successful sites, which ones would you choose? Columnist Christian Sculthorp shares his picks.
- Last chance to enter the Biggest Search Geek Contest and win a free trip to SMX Advanced
Jun 2, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Want a free ticket to SMX Advanced search marketing conference, complete with hotel and airfare? Then enter the 8th Annual SMX Biggest Search Geek Contest and prove you’re the geek to beat! The contestant who answers the most questions correctly in the shortest amount of time will win the grand prize — a flight and […]
From Around The Web:
- Snapchat secretly acquires Seene, a computer vision startup that lets mobile users make 3D selfies, techcrunch.com
- Amazon Alexa now has over 1,000 Skills, up from 135 in January, techcrunch.com
- Amazon Echo: The new voice in brand engagement, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Synthesio Introduces Instant Insights: Powerful New Social Insights Reporting and Alerts System, www.prnewswire.com
- Why CMOs Should Learn to Speak Geek, www.martechadvisor.com
- Facebook built a chat bot called “Crisis Bot” to monitor global crises, qz.com
- This Hotel Is Giving Travelers 360-Degree Cameras to Shoot Its VR Campaign, www.adweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.