MarTech Today: IBM’s Watson works for Hollywood and Chevrolet, xAd launches GeoBlocks & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: For Chevrolet and Hollywood, IBM’s Watson is learning how to understand emotions and personalities Sep 21, 2016 by Barry Levine The computer superstar is detecting emotions and personalities from social posts […]
Barry Levine on September 23, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- For Chevrolet and Hollywood, IBM’s Watson is learning how to understand emotions and personalities
Sep 21, 2016 by Barry Levine
The computer superstar is detecting emotions and personalities from social posts and selecting a movie’s most suspenseful shots for a trailer.
- Forrester: Here are some ways marketers can adapt to messaging apps
Sep 22, 2016 by Barry Levine
These emerging ‘relationship platforms’ are part of a new, intelligent conversational interface that changes the customer relationship once again.
- Everything you need to know about Google’s ‘Possum’ algorithm update
Sep 22, 2016 by Joy Hawkins
Wondering what’s up with local search rankings lately? Columnist Joy Hawkins has the scoop on a recent local algorithm update that local SEO experts are calling ‘Possum.’
- GeoBlocks offer more precise location targeting and analytics, says xAd
Sep 22, 2016 by Greg Sterling
This was one of several announcements at its “On Location” event in New York.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #29: Google AMP’s impact on marketers & publishers
Sep 22, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s episode, we dive deeply into how Google is expanding Accelerated Mobile Pages into its core mobile search results, and what that means for marketers and publishers.
- Allo: Google again moves deck chairs on its sinking Titanic in the messaging wars
Sep 21, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Yet another messaging app from Google, with little reason to expect it to be a success.
From Around The Web:
- Snaplytics launches its Snapchat analytics platform for brands and influencers, venturebeat.com
- Neustar Introduces Advanced Marketing Attribution Analytics Through Partnership With Facebook, www.realwire.com
- 5 Ways for a CMO to Forge a Powerful Partnership with the CIO, www.martechadvisor.com
- App Developers: It’s Time to Focus on Retention Strategies, www.adweek.com
- Mobile app marketers will lose $100 million to fraud this year, venturebeat.com
- Mobile Data Marketplace Creates Direct Path for App Dollars, adage.com
- The Difference Between AMP and Mobile-Friendly Pages, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google launches its Daydream VR development tools out of beta, techcrunch.com