Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Instagram’s algorithm, personal assistants & marketing automation
Barry Levine on April 5, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- 3 digital marketing pros sound off on upcoming Instagram algorithm
Apr 4, 2016 by Alison Zeringue
Many are anxious about Instagram’s announcement that feeds will soon be determined by an algorithm. But is there really cause to worry? Columnist Alison Zeringue asks three veteran digital marketers for their thoughts.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #7: April Fools’ gags gone bad, Snapchat 2.0 & more
Apr 4, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our latest episode, watch the video replay below featuring Ginny Marvin, Amy Gesenhues, Tim Peterson and yours truly.
- The rise of personal assistants and the death of the search box
Apr 4, 2016 by Eric Enge
Columnist Eric Enge recaps the SMX West 2016 keynote by Googler Behshad Behzadi, who envisions a not-too-distant future in which voice search becomes more ubiquitous — and may even replace the search box.
- Managing a marketing automation campaign shouldn’t require a computer science degree
Apr 4, 2016 by Jeffrey L. Cohen
Do today’s tools leave you yearning for more technical knowledge? Columnist Jeffrey L. Cohen says marketers should demand simplicity and ease of use.
- Columbia University researchers claim 28% of Google’s URL takedown requests are invalid
Apr 4, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Among the questionable DMCA notices, 4.2% of the takedown requests targeted sites that failed to include any copyright-infringing content.
- Wanted: Session ideas for SMX East
Apr 4, 2016 by Chris Sherman
We want your input to help us plan our upcoming SMX East conference, which will be taking place in New York City September 27–29, 2016. Specifically, we’d love to hear from you if you have a great idea for a session that you think should be on the agenda. And if you’re interested in speaking […]
From Around The Web:
- 7 Tools that Every Marketer must have to Accurately Measure Digital ROI, www.martechadvisor.com
- $85 million patent verdict, largest ever against Google, wiped out on appeal, Ars Technica
- 7 Tools to Help You Map the Customer Journey, www.toprankblog.com
- Tips and Tools to Ensure Speed Doesn’t Kill Your Site, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Top 10 interactive mcommerce initiatives of Q1, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Sizmek Releases Next Generation Open Ad Management Platform, globenewswire.com
- Sprinklr Acquires Social Visualization Leader Postano, www.businesswire.com
- 3 steps needed to bridge the gap between advanced machine learning and real-world marketing, venturebeat.com
- Augmented Reality And Virtual Reality’s Susceptibility To Ad Tech Problems, adexchanger.com
- New Vistas for Marketing Technology, www.martechadvisor.com
- Step Up Your Marketing Automation Game, www.cmswire.com
- Technology Fuels Renaissance in Out-of-Home Advertising, adage.com
- The Future of Marketing Technology, www.martechadvisor.com
- Does the rise of messaging apps mean brands need a “bot” strategy?, econsultancy.com
- How Can Image Recognition Help Your Company’s Social Marketing Efforts?, www.adweek.com
- The Complete Guide to Snapchat, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Why Facebook’s LiveRail changed course, Business Insider