MarTech Today: The IoT’s risks, Google’s exchange bidding & applying AI to display ads
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Pew Report: The Internet of Things could drive people away from connectivity Jun 9, 2017 by Barry Levine With Elon University, the Pew Research Center asked 1,200 experts to envision whether […]
Barry Levine on June 12, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Pew Report: The Internet of Things could drive people away from connectivity
Jun 9, 2017 by Barry Levine
With Elon University, the Pew Research Center asked 1,200 experts to envision whether the good outweighs the bad for the IoT.
- Exchange bidding — Google’s answer to header bidding — is now in open beta
Jun 9, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
COMET, OpenX and Sovrn are among the seven third-party exchanges participating in the exchange bidding program.
- The value of applying artificial intelligence in display advertising
Jun 9, 2017 by Adam Grow
From increased efficiency in campaign management to stronger personalization, columnist Adam Grow explains how AI is changing the face of digital advertising.
From Marketing Land:
- Voice search becomes voice action: A key talking point at SMX London
Jun 9, 2017 by Andreas Reiffen
Columnist Andreas Reiffen recaps a session from SMX London that focused on the future of voice search — and what search marketers must do to prepare.
- Sharethrough’s latest SSP update aims to dramatically simplify ad ops for publishers
Jun 9, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
New Unified Auction features give publishers a view of all demand sources and make optimizations possible within the interface.
- Why notifications deliver great CX
Jun 9, 2017 by Brent Sleeper
Notifications are crucial for building trust and driving user engagement. Contributor Brent Sleeper explains why apps and services should be thinking about how customers experience notifications from the start.
- Report: Facebook’s Instant Articles faster than AMP, both formats boost user engagement
Jun 9, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Users spend 35 percent more time with AMP content than mobile web pages.
From Around The Web:
- ‘The one to watch’: Amazon is set to turn the duopoly into a troika, Digiday
- Facebook will lease its first San Francisco office, for Instagram, TechCrunch
- 5 Marketing Automation Tools to Increase Lead Conversions, Duct Tape Marketin
- How to Create Your First WordPress Page and Post, WPExplorer
- Mobile martech: Building the mobile-first marketing tech stack, www.tune.com
- How serious is Apple about VR?, The Verge
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.