MarTech Today: IP blocking from list-bombing, local marketing automation tools & inbound call data
Barry Levine on August 29, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Marketers, make sure you are not being list-bombed and blocked by Spamhaus
Aug 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
Recently, valid email addresses have been fraudulently added to many open email lists, flooding inboxes with spam and resulting in a blockage of IP addresses.
- Compare 16 leading local marketing automation tools
Aug 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing online citations, claimed and unclaimed listings, landing pages, reviews and ratings, and data feeds for hundreds or thousands of locations has become time consuming and costly for enterprise brands. Automating local marketing processes through LMA tools can provide numerous benefits.
- Every call is becoming data: Rich customer data revolutionizes call analytics
Aug 26, 2016 by Andrew Osmak
Columnist Andrew Osmak points out that every inbound call to a business is data — and that data provides real-time insights on customers that businesses can put to use in their marketing and advertising.
- The SEM automation primer
Aug 26, 2016 by David Fothergill
Wondering how to get started with automation? Columnist David Fothergill provides a handy primer, including recommended tools and what they can be used for.
From Around The Web:
- Rackspace to Go Private in $4.3 Billion Deal, www.wsj.com
- The power of user science, www.usertesting.com
- 50+ Best WooCommerce Extensions & Addons for WordPress, www.wpexplorer.com
- 7 Tools for Visual Storytelling, www.searchenginejournal.com
- 9 Tools to Outsource Your Content: Graphic, Text and Video, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- A Rosetta Stone of marketing technology terminology, chiefmartec.com
- Account Kit’s Phone and Email Sign-in Adoption Grows Globally, developers.facebook.com
- The 10 Tech Companies With the Best Reputations, www.marketingprofs.com
- LinkedIn Scraped by Bad Bots in Massive Scale Attack, www.cmswire.com
- Twitter Said to Work on Anti-Harassment Keyword Filtering Tool, www.bloomberg.com