MarTech Today: Kontakt’s beacon evolution, WooCommerce adds AdRoll & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Kontakt’s product releases point to a new phase of beacon evolution
Aug 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
Its new ecosystem adds lightweight card beacons, IFTTT, light and motion sensors, long battery life, NFC and RFID to iBeacon/Eddystone beacons.
- WooCommerce adds AdRoll integration
Aug 31, 2016 by Barry Levine
Automattic’s popular e-commerce plugin for WordPress offers a new ad/email retargeting option.
- From the Editor’s Desk: Blab is dead; long live our new podcast!
Aug 31, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this month’s column, Editor-In-Chief Matt McGee talks about why we’re changing our weekly video show to an audio-only podcast.
- Google launches ‘In Apps,’ a way to find content within apps on Android phones
Aug 30, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Somewhat similar to Apple’s Spotlight, the new feature allows you to search your Android phone for content, as opposed to the web.
From Around The Web:
- How To Share WordPress Posts Automatically with Buffer, www.wpexplorer.com
- For Publishers, DMPs May Also Help Improve Content, adexchanger.com
- To shrink or not to shrink: Responsive vs. adaptive mobile design, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Two Distinct Approaches Aimed at Making Site Customization in WordPress Easier, wptavern.com
- Why chatbots need a ‘dominant design’, venturebeat.com
- How to Navigate the Programmatic Contextual Maze, adage.com
- How To Save Social Shares In WordPress When Changing Domain Names, Moving To HTTPS, or Switching Permalinks, www.gsqi.com
- Episerver Acquires Omnichannel Personalization Vendor Peerius, PR Newswire
- Building Blocks: Bobbi Leach, CEO at FuturePay Talks Marketing Tech, www.martechadvisor.com
- Why SMB Marketers Value Flexibility in Marketing Technology, www.emarketer.com
- App Store Optimisation Checklist, www.branded3.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.