MarTech Today: LinkedIn Drops Ad Network, Hacked Content & Google Penalizes A Link Network
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: LinkedIn Shutters Ad Network, Focusing Resources On Sponsored Content Feb 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin Sponsored Content accounted for more than half of the company’s ad revenue in Q4. Attributing Retail Store […]
Barry Levine on February 8, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- LinkedIn Shutters Ad Network, Focusing Resources On Sponsored Content
Feb 5, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Sponsored Content accounted for more than half of the company’s ad revenue in Q4.
- Attributing Retail Store Transactions To Online Clicks At Keyword Level
Feb 5, 2016 by Thomas Stern
Columnist Thomas Stern offers a sneak peek of results and winning tactics from the beta of Google AdWords’ online-to-in-store conversion tracking.
- Hacked Content On The Rise: Take SEO Precautions To Protect Your Site
Feb 5, 2016 by Tony Edward
Don’t get penalized due to malware! Columnist Tony Edward discusses the recent uptick in hacked content in search results and provides tips to protect your site.
- Google Has Penalized A Link Network In Japan
Feb 5, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
After being quiet for over a year on link network penalties, Google says it has penalized a large Japanese-based link network.
From Around The Web:
- The 5 Best Free WordPress Affiliate Marketing Plugins Compared, www.wpexplorer.com
- Top Apps to Help You Market Your Blog Like a Pro, www.blogherald.com
- Design Mock-Ups Need Dynamic Content, www.smashingmagazine.com
- How to Manage a Comprehensive Website Redesign, 3qdigital.com
- Why Responsive Design Is Not Mobile Optimization (and What to Do About It), conversionxl.com
- How Long Does it Take to Completely Incorporate New Technologies into Marketing Efforts?, www.emarketer.com
- Did You Know That Social Media Sites Strip Images of IPTC Metadata?, librisblog.photoshelter.com
- LinkedIn acquires recruiting startup Connectifier, venturebeat.com
- The Story Of Mark Zuckerberg’s TheFacebook.com, As Told By The Harvard Crimson In 2004, www.fastcompany.com
- YouTube will livestream Google’s AI playing Go superstar Lee Sedol in March, venturebeat.com