MarTech Today: Marketo allies with Google, GDPR security threats & Ads.txt slowly gains traction
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Is Google getting ready to buy Marketo? Aug 25, 2017 by Barry Levine That’s one of the possibilities raised by yesterday’s announcement of a multilevel alliance between the two companies. As […]
Barry Levine on August 28, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Is Google getting ready to buy Marketo?
Aug 25, 2017 by Barry Levine
That’s one of the possibilities raised by yesterday’s announcement of a multilevel alliance between the two companies.
- As EU’s GDPR nears, RSA’s CMO warns of security threats within martech infrastructures
Aug 25, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Holly Rollo will be a panelist for the MarTech Boston session, “Digital Marketing and Cybercrime: What Every Marketer Should Know.”
- Get into the email automation game
Aug 25, 2017 by Ryan Phelan
If you haven’t yet set up an automation program for your email marketing, now is the time. Contributor Ryan Phelan walks through the key steps that will help you build a successful marketing automation program.
- Navigating the crowded seas of marketing technology solutions
Aug 25, 2017 by Alicia Wiedemann
With an exhaustive list of martech solutions to choose from, how do you decide which will work best for your business? Contributor Alicia Wiedemann sets you on the right course with these tips.
- Industry’s anti-fraud initiative, Ads.txt, slowly gains traction with publishers, helped by Google’s push
Aug 25, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Out of 500 top sites, a MarTech Today analysis reveals that only 34 have uploaded Ads.txt files. But the number should swell with Google’s support and ad buyers’ enforcement.
From Marketing Land:
- Proof that no ranking boost for responsive sites exists in 2017
Aug 25, 2017 by Bryson Meunier
There are many good reasons to recommend responsive design to a client or to your company, but achieving better search results isn’t among them, argues columnist Bryson Meunier.
- Influencers vs. thought leaders and the rise of image analytics
Aug 25, 2017 by Will McInnes
Influencers and thought leaders aren’t one and the same. Contributor Will McInnes takes a look at how they’ve diverged and why it means marketers today need visual analytics to help measure their brand’s impact on the social web.
From Around The Web:
- 4 Ways Digital Marketers Can Make Data Work for Them, Marketo
- 7 Tips + Tools for Efficient Remote Content Teams, Content Marketing Institute
- How to Implement AMP for E-Commerce, Search Engine Journal
- Global Influencer Marketing Pioneer, Open Influence, Expands Core Offerings with Launch of its OpenWorks Platform, PR Newswire
- 3 Ways to Get More Out of Your Collaboration Tools, CMS Wire
- How AI Will Introduce New Ad Units Into VR And AR Environments, AdExchanger
- The Ad Tech Do-Over: What Will You Do Differently With In-App Header Bidding?, AdExchanger
- AMP – Should You Make the Jump?, 3Q Digital
- Been There, Done That: Are marketers neglecting the mobile app experience?, MarketingSherpa Blog
- How The Meet Group battles header bidding’s mobile app problem, Digiday
- Is AR/VR finally set to make headway in digital media marketing?, Mobile Marketer
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.