MarTech Today: A MarTech quiz, Satisfi/IBM Watson’s new shopping assistants & tech to restore trust
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From Marketing Land: Do you have the martech knowledge you need? Dec 19, 2016 by Scott Brinker Albert Einstein said “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Seems the martech challenges we face […]
Barry Levine on December 20, 2016 at 9:00 am
From Marketing Land:
- Do you have the martech knowledge you need?
Dec 19, 2016 by Scott Brinker
Albert Einstein said “The only source of knowledge is experience.” Seems the martech challenges we face prove Einstein correct yet again. Matching practical experience with the right strategy, talent and organization makes the difference between leaders and stragglers in our software-powered marketing world. Where are you on that continuum? Take our quiz and find out […]
- Satisfi and IBM Watson port their intelligent shopping assistants to two shopping malls
Dec 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
The chatbots, for the Mall of America and Fashion Island, follow the pilot project at Macy’s and point to the day when shoppers query their phone in a store instead of a store person.
- Trust & transparency: Why we need it more than ever in 2017
Dec 19, 2016 by Carl Erik Kjærsgaard
Can technology help to create transparency and therefore restore trust in brands and agency partners? Columnist Carl Erik Kjærsgaard weighs in.
From Marketing Land:
- Marketing Land’s Top 10 News Stories Of 2016: Facebook’s measurement errors, Snapchat geofilters & more
Dec 19, 2016 by Matt McGee
We begin two weeks of year-in-review coverage with a look at the most popular news stories of 2016 as covered by the Marketing Land editorial team.
- Why you should budget for call tracking in 2017
Dec 19, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
With the current fiscal year winding down and budgeting for FY2017 gearing up, marketers are faced with the annual task of tracking effectiveness and justifying budgets. The key is to invest in tools that help control costs and boost revenue—not just within the purview of marketing, but across the entire organization.
- Measuring cost in seconds: How short delays lead to users ditching slow websites
Dec 16, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
This research conducted by Aberdeen Group dives into the true cost of website performance and shows how leading organizations are able to boost their sites to eliminate delays, increase visitors and improve overall revenue. Download this white paper, sponsored by SOASTA, to learn how the most successful organizations use every tool at their disposal.
From Around The Web:
- Apple, Google, and Uber join list of tech companies refusing to build Muslim registry, www.theverge.com
- Here’s How to Spot Web Design Bottlenecks Strangling Your Visitors, blog.crazyegg.com
- Google’s Waymo domain strategy and what it says about domain choices, domainnamewire.com
- WooCommerce Powers 42% of All Online Stores, wptavern.com
- Why People-Based Marketing Platforms Will Begin to Dominate in 2017, streetfightmag.com
- 5 MarTech Considerations BEFORE You Invest, blog.marketo.com
- Why creativity and automation aren’t mutually exclusive, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Messenger launches 6-screen group video chat with selfie masks, techcrunch.com
- Alexa and Siri are listening — and Amazon and Apple are learning from them, Seattle Times
- Facebook CEO Mark Zuckerberg built an AI personal assistant named Jarvis, qz.com
- A Look Back On Livestreaming In 2016, smallbiztrends.com
- Facebook launches the first preview of React VR, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.