MarTech Today: Media Trust’s vendor network, Facebook’s Bonfire video app & the rise of personal assistants
Barry Levine on September 14, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- With an eye toward GDPR, The Media Trust sets up ‘first vendor network’ to fix the Net
Sep 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
The Digital Vendor Risk Management service certifies vendors who have agreed to fix their code on sites and apps to comply with GDPR and other policies.
- Tobii Pro employs its eye-trackers to find out what attracts attention in a car showroom
Sep 13, 2017 by Barry Levine
This is the first public data from a showroom study using Tobii’s glasses.
- SurveyMonkey SVP says her drive to tell stories is the reason she went into marketing
Sep 13, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Get to Know Survey Monkey SVP Marketing Communications Bennett Porter
- Martech enablement series: Part 6 — Building the car
Sep 13, 2017 by Peter Ladka
In Part 6 of a nine-part series, contributor Peter Ladka takes a look at the “car” of the race team and how its corresponding systems allow your marketing organization to take action with its martech stack.
- Stop wasting your marketing efforts: The 3 prongs to inbox placement
Sep 13, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Columnist Mary Wallace explains how your technical setup, list management and marketing strategy all affect inbox placement and the chances of your messages being seen.
From Marketing Land:
- Facebook tests group video chat app called Bonfire
Sep 13, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s Messenger added group video calling last year, begging the question of why the company needs another stab at the market.
- The rise of personal assistants
Sep 13, 2017 by Eric Enge
How will personal assistants change the game for users and marketers? And what can marketers do to adapt to this new paradigm? Columnist Eric Enge tackles these topics.
- 8 reasons to attend MarTech this October in Boston
Sep 13, 2017 by Marketing Land
Attending industry conferences is an incredible way to increase your knowledge, expand your network, and find new insights and ideas. MarTech conference is no exception! Let’s count down the top 8 reasons why you should join us in Boston this October.
- Apple debuts iPhone 8 and $1K iPhone X with ‘Face ID’
Sep 12, 2017 by Greg Sterling
The company also announced Apple Watch 3 with cellular connectivity.
From Around The Web:
- Amazon, eBay, Google lead surge in AI patents, Retail Dive
- EU lost up to 5.4 billion euros in tax revenues from Google, Facebook: report, Reuters
- Act-On Makes Data-Driven Marketing Easy with Engagement Insights Powered by Data Studio, Act-On Press
- Collective Launches Multi-Platform Ad Management Tool in Visto Enterprise Advertising Hub, Markets Insider
- Chris Woerner, SVP of Product at Onvia Talks Martech, MarTech Advisor
- Will Blockchain Disrupt ECM or Is it Just a Lot of Hype?, CMS Wire
- Where Will VR Fit Into Local Advertising?, Street Fight
- Introducing Updates to the Live API, Facebook Media
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.