MarTech Today: MediaMath’s Helix, Twitter Share Tools & AdWords API Calls
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- MediaMath Gets Into The Data Business With Launch Of Helix
Jan 13, 2016 by Barry Levine
The shared first-party data of MediaMath’s Adroit subsidiary is being spun into the new Helix business unit, and Adroit is being merged into MediaMath.
- Self Assessment and Guide: Marketing Foundations
Jan 14, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Arke University, or ArkeU, is a complete training program that covers the major technologies for both marketing and technologists alike with the option to complete the courses online or in-person through live, instructor-led training. ArkeU was created for both individual marketers and technologists or full teams.
- Forrester Report: Companies Using Predictive Analytics Make More Money
Jan 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Although the report is sponsored by predictive analytics firm Everstring, the research firm says it is based on an independently-obtained survey.
- The Google Dance Returns To Silicon Valley @SMX West
Jan 14, 2016 by Elisabeth Osmeloski
The Google Dance is back. Don’t know what the Google Dance is? It’s the nickname given to when Google’s search results dance around after an algorithm update. But it’s also the name of an annual gathering for search marketers that Google hosted at its Googleplex headquarters from 2002 through 2008. Now the Google Dance is back.
- Now That Twitter Has Killed Counts, Other Ways To Find Your Shares
Jan 13, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
Twitter share counts are officially dead, but there are several alternatives that offer similar functionality.
- Apple iAd Update Will Reportedly Let Publishers Sell Directly To Advertisers
Jan 13, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Apple will get out of the direct ad sales business, and the iAd sales team will disband.
- How To Test Multiple Programmatic Partners
Jan 13, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Marketers are always looking to assess the performance of various programmatic vendors against both direct response and brand objectives. Quantcast created this guide to share best practices on how to set up comparative tests to understand vendor performance and avoid the pitfalls of attribution gaming, which can compromise campaign results.
- Use External Data In Your AdWords Campaigns With Scripts To Call APIs
Jan 14, 2016 by Russell Savage
Ready to put on your mad scientist hat? Columnist Russell Savage provides a tutorial on how to create wrappers for external API calls — in this case, the Huffpost Pollster API.
From Around The Web:
- Yahoo Releases the Largest-ever Machine Learning Dataset for Researchers, yahoolabs.tumblr.com
- Amazon’s new UC Berkeley pickup point also lets students test the latest Amazon gadgets, venturebeat.com
- Why Email Automation Is a Marketers Must-Have Tool, blog.movableink.com
- Revcontent Announces Acquisition of ContentClick, finance.yahoo.com
- Sizmek Earns Desktop, Mobile Web And In-App MRC Accreditation, www.mediapost.com
- How Mobile Apps Stack Up Against Mobile Browsers, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.