MarTech Today: Microsoft Reportedly Buying InMobi, Limelight’s Live Marketing Platform & SEM Automation
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Microsoft To Buy Global Mobile Ad Platform InMobi — [Updated]
Jan 15, 2016 by Greg Sterling
According to an unconfirmed report, Microsoft is buying mobile ad network/platform InMobi. The company, which is based in Bangalore, India, says that its network touches more than a billion users per month.
- Limelight Scores $3 Million To Launch Its Live Marketing Platform In U.S.
Jan 15, 2016 by Barry Levine
Toronto-based company says this is the first set of digital tools designed specifically for face-to-face events like test drives, in-person product sampling, trade shows and the like.
- Minneapolis-Based Startup Nabs $3 Million To Offer Brand-Sponsored Online Courses
Jan 14, 2016 by Barry Levine
Launched late last year, The Big Know is providing expert-created courses about happiness, stress, diabetes and other topics for thousands of students at a time.
- Automate Your Way To SEM Success
Jan 15, 2016 by David Fothergill
Columnist David Fothergill makes the case that automation can free up valuable time to let search marketers do what they do best: strategize.
From Around The Web:
- Amazon Has Just Registered to Sell Ocean Freight, www.flexport.com
- Why touch commerce will reign supreme in 2016, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- 17 Platforms That Will Make You a Better Marketer, contently.com
- How to Close the B-to-B Ad-Tech Gap, adage.com
- The MarTech You’ll Need in 5 Years, www.cmswire.com
- Which Industries Use Digital Tools the Most (and Least)?, www.marketingprofs.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.