MarTech Today: More Beacons In Theaters, Yahoo Closing BOSS & Google My Business API
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- More Beacons, Now Coordinated With In-Lobby Video Screens, Invade Movie Theaters
Feb 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
Proximity marketer Thinaire, working with Panasonic and IBM’s Watson, will be sending mobile marketing to moviegoers in the lobbies of a thousand US theaters.
- MarTech Rates Increase Saturday. Save $350 — Register Now!
Feb 8, 2016 by Marketing Land
Join innovators and main street brands pioneering marketing technology at MarTech: The Marketing Tech Conference. Save $350 on your ticket by registering this week!
- Here Are The Top 10 Brands Scoring Positive Comments From Super Bowl Ads
Feb 8, 2016 by Barry Levine
Social analytics firm Networked Insights cranked up its platform to find out which company won the “Brand Bowl.”
- Hacked Content On The Rise: Take SEO Precautions To Protect Your Site
Feb 8, 2016 by Tony Edward
Don’t get penalized due to malware! Columnist Tony Edward discusses the recent uptick in hacked content in search results and provides tips to protect your site.
- #RIPTwitter Trends Over Worries Twitter Will Drop Live Timeline
Feb 6, 2016 by Danny Sullivan
Twitter will probably add a new algorithmic timeline but not replace the default chronological one. Still, users are worried.
- Yahoo To Close BOSS (Build Your Own Search Service) Next Month
Feb 8, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Yahoo to close yet another search service: Yahoo BOSS is closing March 31, 2016.
- Do SEOs At Larger Agencies Earn More Than Those At Smaller Agencies?
Feb 8, 2016 by Myles Anderson
Local search practitioners, how do you stack up to your peers in the industry? Columnist Myles Anderson sheds some light on this topic based on data from BrightLocal’s recent annual Local SEO Industry Survey.
- The Local Data Ecosystem Just Got A Little More Eco-Friendly
Feb 8, 2016 by Christian Ward
Google recently introduced the Google My Business API, but what does this mean for local business marketers? Columnist Christian Ward of Yext explains.
From Around The Web:
- 4 Points To Consider When Choosing A Customer Experience Management Platform, www.martechadvisor.com
- Automatically Art-Directed Responsive Images? Here You Go., www.smashingmagazine.com
- Getting Specific on Soft Skills for UX Professionals, www.uxmatters.com
- Want a Tesla? Watch What You Blog, www.blogherald.com
- The Real Difference Between UX and CX, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Ad Tech Has Undergone a Supersonic Explosion in the Past 5 Years, www.adweek.com
- Hacking Marketing: Rethinking Marketing Management in a Software World, chiefmartec.com
- Android Studio 2.0 – Beta, android-developers.blogspot.ch
- Google on Mobile & AdBlockers, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Google reportedly plans to release a Cardboard successor like Samsung’s Gear VR this year, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.