MarTech Today: Next MarTech Wave, Site Search & Google Local One Box
Barry Levine on December 7, 2015 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Is The Next Marketing Technology Wave All About Better Creative?
Dec 4, 2015 by Erika Trautman
As new content technologies transform the digital marketing landscape, columnist Erika Trautman believes marketers need to hop on board and evolve.
- Facebook Tweaks News Feed To Serve Only The Best Viral Stories
Dec 4, 2015 by Martin Beck
Update will push down viral stories that people don’t want to see, based on surveys of “tens of thousands” of people a day.
- Here’s Why Site Search Is Not Just A Smaller Google Search
Dec 4, 2015 by Barry Levine
They’re “totally different universes,” says the CEO of site search provider Swiftype.
- MarTech Landscape: What Is Marketing Automation Software?
Dec 4, 2015 by Claire Schoen
Marketing automation software can improve marketing productivity and increase lead quality. Here’s what you need to know before adopting a marketing automation platform.
- Google Local One Box Details Removed From Web Search Listings
Dec 4, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Was it a bug or a feature change? Google no longer shows local data in the main search results snippets.
From Around The Web:
- Jared Feldman of Canvs Fast Forwards Social Sentiment Analytics, www.cmswire.com
- EFF’s free HTTPS tool ‘Let’s Encrypt’ enters public beta, thenextweb.com
- 17 Free Photoshop Templates for Google Display Ads, blog.adstage.io
- ICANN security advisor predicts hundreds of new gTLDs will go dark, domainincite.com
- For The Good Of Tech, techcrunch.com
- The real ad tech unicorns: Firms run by women, digiday.com
- Your Apps Are Hanging With Bad Actors, www.cmswire.com
- Adobe And Videology Tackle Streaming Video Sales Hurdles, adexchanger.com