MarTech Today: ‘Ok, Google’ for Maps app, Penguin recoveries & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Google Maps app adds “Ok Google” voice command activation for hands free directions
Sep 29, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Google improves voice search while using the Google Maps app.
- Two new studies look at what kinds of campaigns, mobile ad formats work best
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
One is from the Advertising Research Foundation, the other from mobile ad firm Kargo and neuroscience consumer researcher MediaScience.
- Apple rolls out Search Ads for the App Store
Sep 29, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Ads go live October 5 — Apple is offering $100 credit toward the first campaign.
- Updating your SEM toolbox with new, shiny tools –- SMX East 2016
Sep 29, 2016 by Pauline Jakober
Ask any PPC professional the secret of their success, and they’ll often point to tools that help them do their jobs better. Columnist Pauline Jakober recaps a session at SMX East where the best of these tools were discussed.
- Google says Penguin recoveries have started to roll out now
Sep 28, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Have you been waiting two or more years to recover from your Penguin penalty? Google said the recoveries are starting now.
From Around The Web:
- Facebook Analytics for Apps Launches Cross-Platform Analytics (beta), developers.facebook.com
- Revitalize Your DAM Analytics With Graph Databases, www.cmswire.com
- What Is Medium and How Can It Be Used for Business?, smallbiztrends.com
- Amazon, Facebook, Google, IBM and Microsoft Launch AI Partnership, fortune.com
- End of an Era as BlackBerry Finally Stops Making Phones, adage.com
- 5 Powerful Content Distribution Tools To Reach A Massive Audience, www.jeffbullas.com
- 10 Common WordPress Mistakes Agencies and Their Clients Make (and How to Fix Them), www.martechadvisor.com
- Why E-Commerce Needs AMP, www.searchenginejournal.com
- Disable Specific WordPress Update Emails with the Control WP Core Emails Plugin, wptavern.com
- Acxiom Announces Premier Partnership with Adobe for Audience Data Management Services, www.businesswire.com
- Knotch Launches Market-Leading, Integrated Intelligence Suite for Brands, www.businesswire.com
- PowerInbox Unveils the Latest DynamicMail, the Most Advanced Solution to Maximize Customer Engagement and ROI of Marketing Emails, www.businesswire.com
- 5 Marketing Technology Trends to Expect at Dreamforce 2016, www.martechadvisor.com
- AOL’s Innovative Card-Based Email Service, Alto, Comes To iOS And Android, www.fastcompany.com
- Introducing Google Cloud, cloud.googleblog.com
- Multiple Android Wear smartwatches are not pairing correctly with the iPhone 7, 9to5mac.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.