MarTech Today: The Physical Web, predictive analytics & search disruption
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- London buses test out the first consumer experience of the Physical Web
Mar 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
The MyStop project transmits a URL to all nearby bus passengers with a supporting browser, leading to a browser-based web app containing the latest bus route info.
- [VIDEO] Marketing Land Live #6: Twitter’s 10th anniversary, #MarTech conference recap & more
Mar 28, 2016 by Matt McGee
If you missed our latest episode this past Friday, watch the video replay below featuring Ginny Marvin, Barry Levine, Tim Peterson and yours truly.
- The death of the home page has been greatly exaggerated
Mar 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
Personalization provider Cxense says its data shows that home page visitors may be fewer than social- or search-driven ones, but they’re more valuable.
- What can predictive analytics REALLY do? Three case studies in seeing the future
Mar 28, 2016 by David Booth
Can you use data to predict the future? Columnist David Booth shows how predictive analytics can be used to take your marketing initiatives to another level.
- Google Maps for iOS now integrates with Apple’s Spotlight Search
Mar 28, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Google Maps users on the iPhone can now more quickly access recent searches and saved places.
- “Search disruption is coming!” and 9 other expert insights From LSA16
Mar 28, 2016 by Wesley Young
The Local Search Association recently held its 2016 Annual Conference, LSA16, and Wesley Young shares 10 insights from experts and SMBs that will impact your marketing strategy.
From Around The Web:
- Algorithm-pocalyse: Bloggers beg users to “turn on post notifications” on Instagram, digiday.com
- Searching For Google CEO Sundar Pichai, The Most Powerful Tech Giant You’ve Never Heard Of, www.buzzfeed.com
- 10 Simple Ways to Make Your WordPress Site Faster, sugarrae.com
- Diverse And Engaging Instances Of Interactive Infographic Design, www.smashingmagazine.com
- 7 Facts to Know Before Employing Website Push Notifications, vwo.com
- Who is a marketing technologist, really? 2016 Edition, chiefmartec.com
- 9 Killer Location Features For Retailer Mobile Apps, streetfightmag.com
- Best Plugins for WordPress Mobile Site Optimization, www.wpexplorer.com
- Google Trying to Make YouTube Live Streaming Easier, www.martechadvisor.com
- Live Streaming Platforms From YouTube and Facebook, smallbiztrends.com
- Oculus Rift Review: VR’s Rising Star Isn’t Ready for the Mainstream, www.wsj.com
- Twitter’s Periscope broadcasts 200 million streams in its first year, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.