Stay marketing-savvy and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech by subscribing to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Pinterest’s AI-enabled search, Kahuna’s expanded machine learning & Google’s tool for Internet speeds
Barry Levine on June 29, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Pinterest tries to one-up Amazon with new shopping features like AI-enabled search
Jun 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
Pinterest is adding a shopping cart, merchant profiles and artificially intelligent product search capabilities to better compete against Amazon and Google.
- Marketing platform Kahuna applies its machine learning across customer journeys
Jun 28, 2016 by Barry Levine
Firm continues to expand its scope, this time with Experiences for message optimizing.
- Predictive data & ABM: How to move from account lists to account contacts
Jun 28, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
Columnist Scott Vaughan says combining your predictive efforts with an ABM approach can help you identify optimal accounts and drive desired results.
- LinkedIn starts officially auctioning off its desktop banner ads
Jun 28, 2016 by Tim Peterson
LinkedIn will let brands bid on its desktop display ads in real-time auctions but is restricting their ability to target based on its user data.
- SMX Advanced 2016 recap: Harnessing SEM analytics for smarter automation
Jun 28, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson provides tips and advice from PPC experts on how search marketers can make SEM automation work for them.
- Google testing new tool to check internet speeds directly in search results
Jun 28, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Powered by Measurement Labs, Google’s latest widget was surfaced via a search for “check internet speed.”
- Why Google is mining local business attributes
Jun 28, 2016 by Adam Dorfman
What are business attributes, and why should local businesses care? Columnist Adam Dorfman explores.
From Around The Web:
- Are You Ready to Hire a Data Scientist?, www.cmswire.com
- Microsoft has to pay a customer $10,000 for unwanted Windows 10 upgrade, qz.com
- Secretive Alphabet division aims to fix public transit in US by shifting control to Google, www.theguardian.com
- Twitter Dives Into AR and VR, Hires Ex-Apple Designer to Lead New Team, uploadvr.com
- Amazon gives the Alexa app store a makeover, now lets you add new Skills by voice, techcrunch.com
- Wowza Powers the Streaming Revolution With Latest Version of Wowza Streaming Engine, www.wowza.com
- There’s a “C Change” Underway: CMOs and CIOs Are Aligning for Digital Disruption, blog.marketo.com
- Where unicorns come from – feeder roles for marketing technologists, chiefmartec.com
- 5 reasons mobile apps still rule: The Conversational Economy, venturebeat.com
- Google releases Awareness APIs for accessing location, weather, and activity data, VentureBeat
- Why AOL’s Brand Studio Is Focusing on 360 Video More Than Virtual Reality, www.adweek.com