Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Possible Yahoo Sale, LinkedIn’s “Voyager” App & Aruba’s Updated Beacon Platform
Barry Levine on December 3, 2015 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Report: Yahoo Board Meets To Discuss Potential Sale Of Company
Dec 1, 2015 by Greg Sterling
This morning, a couple of articles appeared speculating about who could potentially succeed Yahoo CEO Marissa Mayer.
- Mobile Marketer UberMedia Introduces The Concept Of “LROI”
Dec 2, 2015 by Greg Sterling
Mobile marketing platform UberMedia has coined a new term: “Location ROI” or “LROI.” In that context, the company is measuring and optimizing mobile media against offline store visits.
- Calling All Marketers, Developers & Growth Hackers — Send Your Team To MarTech!
Dec 2, 2015 by Marketing Land
Shared knowledge, experiences, vocabulary and vision: All foundational elements for building successful teams and maximizing your marketing technology investments. MarTech: The Marketing Technology Conference is the experience that will get everyone on the same page: marketers, technologists and those fluent in both disciplines.
- Transactional Email Provider SendGrid Continues Its Entry Into Marketing With Launch Of “Campaigns”
Dec 2, 2015 by Barry Levine
New mass emailing capabilities have been added to its recently launched Threads for triggered emails.
- LinkedIn’s New “Voyager” App Gets Extreme Makeover & A More Streamlined Experience
Dec 2, 2015 by Greg Finn
New messaging, simple navigation and better integration headline the changes on the snappy new LinkedIn app.
- HP Enterprise’s Aruba Releases Cloud-Based Beacon Management For Any Store’s WiFi
Dec 2, 2015 by Barry Levine
Company claims it now offers the most complete beacon package out there.
- Evidence Of An Unconfirmed Google Update Happening On November 19
Dec 2, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
While Google did not confirm an update on November 19, there sure is plenty of evidence to show there was a core ranking algorithm update.
- Four Tools To Break You Out Of The Keyword Research Box
Dec 2, 2015 by Paul Shapiro
Need inspiration for expanding your keyword research? Columnist Paul Shapiro has some creative suggestions for you.
From Around The Web:
- Being Calculated in Calculated Metric Use with Google Analytics, www.clixmarketing.com
- 20 Platforms to Build Dynamic, User-generated Content, www.practicalecommerce.com
- A/B Testing Mastery: From Beginner To Pro, conversionxl.com
- 10 UX Tips For Your Next Website Redesign, usabilitygeek.com
- Easy Navigation, Speed Are Leading Website Performance Attributes, www.emarketer.com
- Chute Launches Instagram Trends Tool for Marketers, www.prweb.com
- Dave Grimaldi Appointed IAB Executive Vice President, www.iab.com
- Index Exchange Partners With Forensiq to Combat Ad Fraud, www.marketwired.com
- Lotame Appoints Chief Operating Officer Mike Woosley, www.lotame.com
- Vidyard Gains Momentum Among Marketo Users, www.vidyard.com
- Bluecore Marketing Automation Tool Secures $21M In Series B Funding, techcrunch.com
- Why One-Size Customer Engagement Automation Does Not Fit All, www.martechadvisor.com
- Twitter wants to solve one of Apple TV’s most frustrating problems: tedious logins, venturebeat.com