MarTech Today: Retargeting’s fate, going all-in for AMP & must-do technical SEO audit items
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Is retargeting dying? Jun 23, 2017 by Barry Levine Since third-party cookies are crumbling, it’s time to ask if the days of ads following you everywhere are numbered. CMOs at […]
Barry Levine on June 26, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Is retargeting dying?
Jun 23, 2017 by Barry Levine
Since third-party cookies are crumbling, it’s time to ask if the days of ads following you everywhere are numbered.
- CMOs at the wheel: How are they Driving the Modern Marketing Organization?
Jun 23, 2017 by Nadine Dietz & Erica Seidel
Contributors Erica Seidel and Nadine Dietz round up the insights gleaned from the leading CMOs they’ve profiled and discuss how marketing teams and talent can evolve going forward.
- Google will stop mining Gmail content for personalizing ads
Jun 23, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The move brings ad personalization methods for Gmail in line with other Google products.
- Infographic: The 2017 Periodic Table of SEO Success Factors
Jun 23, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Mobile, direct answers & site speed factors gain greater weight.
- Why one e-commerce company is going all-in on AMP (Hint: conversions)
Jun 23, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
With significant conversion lifts over responsive design, Event Tickets Center has been pushing the AMP envelope.
- What makes for a valued martech provider?
Jun 23, 2017 by Scott Vaughan
In the rapidly growing martech space, how do you determine which providers are worthy of your investment? Contributor Scott Vaughan taps some industry pros to share their tips.
From Marketing Land:
- 5 must-do technical SEO audit items in 2017
Jun 23, 2017 by Aleyda Solis
As the search world evolves, so must your technical SEO audits. Columnist Aleyda Solis discusses some new items to add to your audits in order to stay current.
- Early performance results from Google’s update to close variants
Jun 23, 2017 by Andy Taylor
What impact has Google’s latest update to close variants had on paid search performance? Columnist Andy Taylor reviews the data.
- A deep dive into online-to-in-store attribution
Jun 23, 2017 by Michael Della Penna
Columnist Michael Della Penna walks you through the various methodologies used to understand the impact of impressions on in-store visits and how they affect campaigns.
- Facebook to launch app for video creators later this year
Jun 23, 2017 by Tim Peterson
Facebook’s app will enable creators to add intros, outros and Snapchat-style frames to live and recorded videos produced through the app.
- Top 15 smartphone apps becoming a static list owned by Google, Facebook, Apple
Jun 23, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Top apps list shows power is concentrated in just a few companies.
From Around The Web:
- WordPress’ New Gutenberg Editor Now Available as a Plugin for Testing, WordPress Tavern
- Google is Compressing Its Display Ads So Pages Load Faster, Search Engine Journal
- 42 percent of Amazon Echo owners have bought a second device (or more), TechCrunch
- Amazon’s vision for the future: delivery drone beehives in every city, The Verge
- An email personalisation planning template (with brand examples), Econsultancy
- Traffic Authentication: The Most Nettlesome Issue in Ad Tech, AdAge
- Why blockchain faces an uphill battle in fixing ad tech’s transparency problems, Digiday
- The world as you see it with VR180, Official YouTube Blog