MarTech Today: Salesforce buys Krux, featured snippets & a new kind of ‘augmented reality’
Barry Levine on October 6, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Salesforce buys DMP Krux
Oct 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company’s latest acquisition brings in-house the data needed to conduct large-scale audience segmentation and targeting.
- Google Home responding with featured snippets
Oct 5, 2016 by Barry Schwartz
Ever wonder how Google Home will source, aka link to, the website it pulls the answer for your queries from? This video shows it off.
- Google and Progressive Web Apps: the mobile experience and SEO
Oct 5, 2016 by Jim Yu
What’s the deal with Progressive Web Apps? Columnist Jim Yu explains this exciting new mobile web technology and discusses relevant SEO considerations.
- Google’s Assistant, Home announcements preview a new kind of ‘augmented reality’
Oct 5, 2016 by Barry Levine
With the launch of this new ecosystem, the physical world adds more digital layers.
- Wanted: session ideas for SMX West
Oct 5, 2016 by Chris Sherman
Want to speak at SMX West? Here’s your best way to tell us you’re interested.
From Around The Web:
- Spotlight on Google Tag Manager: Open and Secure Tag Management, Analytics Blog
- 5 Things You Hadn’t Considered About Setting Up Your First WordPress Blog, www.blogherald.com
- WordPress 4.7 Will Allow Developers to Register Custom Bulk Actions in Admin List Tables, wptavern.com
- B2B Firms Have Several Marketing Tech Systems to Integrate, eMarketer
- Criteo And HookLogic CEOs On The Logic Behind The Acquisition, Ad Exchanger
- HEEK Simplifies the Process of Website Creation by Introducing Chatbot, www.martechadvisor.com
- Six Broken (or Almost Broken) Ad-Tech Promises, Ad Age