MarTech Today: Salesforce’s evolution, Placed’s enticement & the event marketing data problem
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Next stop in Salesforce’s evolution: Becoming the platform for customer experience
Aug 19, 2016 by Barry Levine
A Salesforce exec points out how the Demandware acquisition and all those clouds can fit together.
- Placed entices users to share location with frequent flyer miles
Aug 19, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Company provides a clear value exchange to consumers for their location data.
- How to solve the event marketing data problem
Aug 19, 2016 by Scott Vaughan
From trade shows to meetups, it’s tricky to manage and process the data from events. Columnist Scott Vaughan explains how to take control of your event data to get maximum ROI.
- Google says bots are the main target of Keyword Planner changes; a lot of questions remain
Aug 19, 2016 by Ginny Marvin
Advertisers and agencies continue to have questions about how potential data restrictions will affect their research efforts.
From Around The Web:
- Google secretly acqui-hired mobile app development startup Apportable, venturebeat.com
- Tech Companies Urge U.K. to Keep Internet Borders Open, adage.com
- 30+ Tools for Better Content Marketing, contentmarketinginstitute.com
- Crucial For Your Site: HSTS (HTTP Strict Transport Security), www.searchenginepeople.com
- US ready to ‘hand over’ the internet’s naming system, www.bbc.com
- Amazon now lets you rent its virtual desktops, Amazon WorkSpaces, by the hour, techcrunch.com
- Dashboards are not real technologies: Influencer marketing technology is a hot mess, digiday.com
- Data & Automation Offers Solutions for SMBs, www.martechadvisor.com
- Apple just dropped iOS 10 beta 7 for developers and public testers, techcrunch.com
- DMA’s Cross-Device ID Program Delivers Solutions For Your Cross-Device Marketing Challenges, thedma.org
- How the 5G Revolution Will Transform Marketing, contently.com
- How to fix the most common AMP error in WordPress, raventools.com
- Immutable models and data consistency in our iOS App, engineering.pinterest.com
- Is your location data actionable?, www.mobilecommercedaily.com
- Google will kill Chrome apps for Windows, Mac, and Linux in early 2018, venturebeat.com
- Facebook Custom Audiences Now Match 14 Data Points, www.aimclearblog.com
- With Fraudsters Now Faking Viewability and Video Completions, Advertisers Risk Being Gamed, www.emarketer.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.