MarTech Today: SAP’s Marketing Cloud additions, free image compression tools & blockchain’s impact on search marketing
Barry Levine on October 23, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- SAP Hybris adds facial recognition, Internet of Things-triggered campaigns and attribution
Oct 20, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new features, following the recent purchase of identity provider Gigya, show that SAP is busily creating differentiators for its Marketing Cloud.
- Location data beyond the marketing department: A look at 3 use cases
Oct 20, 2017 by Eric Aledort
As mobile location data evolves beyond just ad targeting, contributor Eric Aledort takes a look at how it’s being applied across the entire enterprise, from urban planning to the pricing of real estate.
- Increasing expectations will alter the media agency’s paradigm — and brands will feel that shift
Oct 20, 2017 by Rob Rasko
As brands demand the level of reporting that Google, Facebook and Amazon deliver, media agencies are being forced to evolve technologically. Columnist Rob Rasko discusses what marketers need to know about this new media agency.
From Marketing Land:
- Accelerated Mobile Pages (AMP) conquer the competition for shoe retailer
Oct 20, 2017 by Damian Rollison
Accelerated Mobile Pages aren’t just for publishers! Contributor Damian Rollison presents an agency case study showing improved performance for local pages after implementing AMP.
- Testing shows e-commerce navigation doesn’t work the way we think it does
Oct 20, 2017 by Brian Massey
Columnist Brian Massey tests out ways to improve main navigation design and finds that before you completely overhaul your navigation scheme, you may want to try changing the words used.
- Facebook details Instant Article subscription program as test launch nears
Oct 19, 2017 by Tim Peterson
The Economist, The Los Angeles Times and The Washington Post are among the initial 13 publications to put their Instant Articles behind a paywall.
- From big to small: 5 free image compression tools reviewed
Oct 19, 2017 by Tom Demers
Want to improve your page load times? Image optimization is a great place to start! Columnist Tom Demers reviews five free image compression tools and notes their impact on page speed.
- How blockchain will impact search marketing
Oct 19, 2017 by Tony Edward
Maybe you’ve heard of blockchain, but why should you care? Contributor Tony Edwards describes the dramatic impact the technology could have on digital marketing and advertising.
From Around The Web:
- 4 Rising Technology Trends You Need to Know About, Authority Labs
- AI Can’t Devise Your Creative, but It Can Do the What, Where and When, eMarketer
- How To Accept Bitcoin on Your Website, Crazy Egg
- Say “yes” to HTTPS: Chrome secures the web, one site at a time, The Google Official Blog