Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Shine/Rainbow now filters ads, the new RCS messaging platform & why martech data should drive ad tech
Barry Levine on February 28, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Shine is now Rainbow, dropping network-level ad-blocking for ad-filtering
Feb 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
The company says it has always been about customer experience, but now it’s screening ads against IAB and other standards.
- Google and others expand initiative launching new RCS messaging platform
Feb 27, 2017 by Barry Levine
The new native Android messaging app and standard is the mobile platform’s answer to Facebook’s WhatsApp, Apple’s iMessage and the other increasingly capable messaging apps.
- Why martech data should drive ad tech
Feb 27, 2017 by Chuck Moran
Customer data, the engine that drives your ad campaigns, is often divorced from the ad tech stack. Columnist Chuck Moran discusses how integrating martech and ad tech stacks can enhance programs, optimize delivery and maximize ROI on media spend.
From Marketing Land:
- [Reminder] Upcoming webinar — Build Your Ultimate Martech Stack
Feb 27, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
It’s not enough to build a martech stack… you’ve got to build the right stack for your organization. Strategy, efficiency, integration, and resources all play significant roles in martech stack decisions.
- Are you leveraging these underutilized Google Analytics features?
Feb 27, 2017 by David Booth
Are you getting everything you can out of Google Analytics? Columnist David Booth offers a checklist to help you take advantage of all it has to offer.
- Amazon: Virtual assistants and AI robots have free speech rights, too
Feb 24, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Company uses First Amendment argument in opposition to warrant seeking Alexa audio recordings in murder case.
- Selecting a CMS
Feb 24, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Selecting the right content management system (CMS) is a critical part of creating your business website.
From Around The Web:
- How to Design Dashboards That Make Sense, Search Engine People
- An introduction to ecommerce APIs for non-developers, Chief Marketing Technologist
- Here’s what will drive adoption for another 10,000 Amazon Alexa skills, VentureBeat
- Why Martech Companies Should Be Terrified of Facebook, Google, and Amazon, Contently
- Ad tech and ad blockers share common ground on inventory quality, Digiday
- Common misconceptions brand executives have about AI, VentureBeat
- If Anyone Is Going to Buy Directly from a Chatbot, It’s Millennials, eMarketer
- EFF: Half of web traffic is now encrypted, TechCrunch
- Social Media Algorithms: How They Work and How to Use Them in Your Favor, The Buffer Blog
- Facebook’s video app is now available on Samsung smart TVs, VentureBeat
- Header Bidding Doesn’t Work For Video, AdExchanger
- How YouTube Serves As The Content Engine Of The Internet’s Dark Side, BuzzFeed News
- Marketing in the UK: Finding the Best Value in Video Ads, eMarketer
- The 5 Best Live Streaming Apps & Platforms, MediaKix
- YouTube is coming to Comcast’s Xfinity X1 set-top box, TechCrunch