MarTech Today: SMB Marketing, Mobile Ad Attribution & Broken SSL/TLS Certificates
Barry Levine on November 12, 2015 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Here Are A Dozen Bargain Marketing Platforms for SMBs
Nov 11, 2015 by Barry Levine
For free or less than $100/month, cash- and time-starved small- and medium-sized businesses can amplify their marketing efforts.
- Facebook Invades Lock Screens With New “Notify” App
Nov 11, 2015 by Martin Beck
Standalone iOS app gives people the ability to receive push notifications from 70 news and entertainment publishers.
- Appnext Launches Cost Per Install-Based Ad Serving Solution For Mobile Publishers
Nov 11, 2015 by Ginny Marvin
Appnext Manager enables mobile publishers to manage direct CPI inventory sales programmatically.
- Mobile Marketer Localytics Adds “True Impact” Analytics
Nov 11, 2015 by Barry Levine
New measurements emphasize customer engagement and retention.
- Report: Most Calls From Mobile Display Ads Happen Up To Two Weeks Later
Nov 10, 2015 by Greg Sterling
In conjunction with the announcement of a new product called “Marchex Display Analytics,” the company released a report that shows display ads aren’t getting credit for all the calls they’re delivering. The report (reg. req’d) is titled “The Missing 98 Percent: Why Display Advertising Isn’t Getting the Credit It Deserves.”
- Android 6 “Marshmallow” & SEO Series: Google’s Private Index & Screen Crawling
Nov 10, 2015 by Cindy Krum
The first of a three-part series on how Android Marshmallow’s features and capabilities may impact the future of mobile search. Contributor Cindy Krum explores Google’s Private Index and discusses screen crawling.
- Yahoo Updates Search Experience For Firefox Users On Desktop
Nov 11, 2015 by Matt McGee
Yahoo introduces new carousel of image and video content, says changes will eventually make their way to other browsers, too.
- Google Sending Messages To Webmasters For SSL/TLS Certificate Not Matching
Nov 11, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Google starts notifying webmasters of broken SSL/TLS certificates. Will this lead to a stricter HTTPS ranking factor?
From Around The Web:
- 53 Top Conversion Optimization Tools Reviewed by Experts, conversionxl.com
- What is the state of conversion rate optimization in 2015?, econsultancy.com
- Appellita: a new tool for finding domain names, domainnamewire.com
- Adcade Integrates With Sizmek, www.marketwatch.com
- Episerver Announces Product Convergence with Milestone Digital Experience Cloud Release, www.episerver.com
- Innovative Tech From GoDaddy Makes SEO Available To All, aboutus.godaddy.net
- Verve and Moat Partner to Ensure In-App Viewability for Mobile Display, www.prnewswire.com
- Ad-Tech Companies Are Partly to Blame for Bad Advertising, adage.com
- How to Choose the Right Content Marketing Software, www.convinceandconvert.com
- Periscope Gets Better Maps, Skip Ahead And 3D Touch Shortcuts Including “Teleport”, techcrunch.com