MarTech Today: Survata’s segment-targeted surveys, Oracle loses Java case & Google app for iOS gets AMP’d
Barry Levine on May 31, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Survata offers first online surveys targeted at second- and third-party user segments
May 27, 2016 by Barry Levine
The questionnaires, which can include a pretesting of ads, are delivered to the same segments the ads will later target.
- The future of voice-related SEO for local business
May 27, 2016 by Chris Marentis
Google’s recent developer event revealed details about how the search giant is thinking about the future. Columnist Chris Marentis shares tips on how local businesses can learn how to be found in the environment that’s taking shape.
- What marketers need to know about the rate of technology obsolescence
May 27, 2016 by Lewis Gersh
With marketing innovation happening at a meteoric pace, how do you keep up? Columnist Lewis Gersh has some tips on how to spot the latest trends and stay ahead of the curve.
- Google wins its Java case against Oracle (again), saves billions in fees — for now
May 26, 2016 by Greg Sterling
The jury agreed that Google’s use of Java APIs was “Fair Use” under copyright law.
- Google App for iOS gets AMP content & sports highlights in Now cards
May 27, 2016 by Amy Gesenhues
Google says today’s improvements for its IOS app will save users a combined 6.5 million hours this year.
From Around The Web:
- Feed Predictive Analytics a United Data Diet, www.cmswire.com
- 50 Essential WordPress Plugins Every Blogger Should Know, www.wpexplorer.com
- This is what the future of online publishing looks like, according to a Pirate Bay founder and Adblock Plus, qz.com
- 7 Content Marketing Tools You Need To Be Successful, www.jeffbullas.com
- Marketer’s Guide to Helpful Content Optimization Tools, www.ducttapemarketing.com
- 5 Basics to Make a Website Accessible, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Amazon puts Alexa in the browser with Echoism.io, techcrunch.com
- LiveRamp Extends Data Connectivity Partnership with Google, www.businesswire.com
- Tapjoy and IronSource to offer monetization services to mobile game and app devs, venturebeat.com
- A Look At The Modern WordPress Server Stack, www.smashingmagazine.com
- Love Marketing Technology. Buying It? Not So Much, www.cmswire.com
- Motion AI lets anyone easily build a bot, venturebeat.com
- TAG Sets Inventory Quality Guidelines, Trains 20+ Ad-Tech Cos. To Comply, www.mediapost.com
- These 2 Tech Companies Are Combining Market Research With Programmatic Ads, www.adweek.com
- Facebook Plans to Shut Down Video Ad Exchange Product LiveRail, www.wsj.com