MarTech Today: Tech and fake news, martech to reduce app user churn & best-selling Alexa devices
Barry Levine on December 1, 2016 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Can tech conquer fake news?
Nov 30, 2016 by Barry Levine
Fraudulent news sites threaten the credibility of online content, but the question is whether technology can understand what is false.
- 5 ways martech can help you reduce mobile app user churn
Nov 30, 2016 by Josh Todd
Acquiring new app users is great, but columnist Josh Todd argues it’s much more cost-effective to focus on retaining existing users. Here he shares how to use predictive analytics and other tools to keep mobile users engaged.
From Marketing Land:
- Commerce Signals and PlaceIQ turn in-store sales data into campaign optimization tool
Nov 30, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Data will help marketers understand which campaigns are delivering in-store sales most efficiently, at the lowest cost.
- Amazon: Alexa devices were best-selling products from any manufacturer
Nov 30, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Amazon reported that ‘millions’ of Alexa devices and Fire tablets were sold.
From Around The Web:
- Digital Marketing Reports for Time-Starved Data Analysts: PivotTable POWER!, www.aimclearblog.com
- Tumblr finally makes SSL connections the default for new blogs, techcrunch.com
- Amazon looking to convert Italy power stations into data centers, www.reuters.com
- WordPress Adds Google Translate Widget, www.blogherald.com
- Amazon launches Amazon AI to bring its machine learning smarts to developers, TechCrunch
- Amazon Plans Premium Alexa Speaker With Large Screen, Bloomberg
- Bidtellect Partners with nToggle to Amplify Native Programmatic Advertising Scale with Superior Infrastructure Economics, www.ntoggle.com
- Emarsys Launches Artificial Intelligence Capabilities to Simplify and Revolutionize the Role of B2C Marketers, globenewswire.com
- Pitcher Awarded Patent for “Sentiment Analysis Module” Feature of its Sales and Marketing Enablement Platform, www.pitcher.com
- App Marketers Learn From Ad Tech, Even As They Abandon Ads, adexchanger.com
- ConsumerTrack Introduces A new Marketing Technology Platform, www.martechadvisor.com
- How Tech Has Changed Black Friday, contently.com
- Many Marketers Recognize They Are Falling Short with Technology, www.emarketer.com
- Seeking the right Technology Provider? Try our Bing Elite Partners, advertise.bingads.microsoft.com
- IAB Proposes New Guidelines for In-App Advertising, Ad Age
- What Google AMP Means for Every Marketer, www.cmswire.com
- Customize your G Suite experience with App Maker and Recommended apps, www.blog.google
- Tumblr finally makes SSL connections the default for new blogs, TechCrunch
- 4K live streaming: Live has never looked so good, youtube.googleblog.com
- Facebook has cut off Prisma’s Live Video access, techcrunch.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.