MarTech Today: The Adobe/Marketo mega-deal, why the NY Times broke down its silos & how AI in marketing is like cake baking
Here’s our recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: With Marketo mega-deal, Adobe’s reach just got a whole lot wider Sep 21, 2018 by Barry Levine At least one analyst said the acquisition “fundamentally resets the competitive playing field” for […]
Barry Levine on September 24, 2018 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- With Marketo mega-deal, Adobe’s reach just got a whole lot wider
Sep 21, 2018 by Barry Levine
At least one analyst said the acquisition “fundamentally resets the competitive playing field” for B2B martech buyers and vendors.”
- The MarTech Minute: Taboola, Unbounce’s partnership; new tech for SalesLoft; more
Sep 21, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
The martech week in review: News and announcements in marketing technology this week that you might have missed
- [Reminder] Customer data strategies and identity resolution webinar
Sep 21, 2018 by Digital Marketing Depot
Join our martech experts from Merkle and Lytics as they explain how unifying customer data can result in a more efficient martech stack — to deliver more compelling marketing messages and, ultimately, customer experiences. You’ll learn: Identity resolution techniques that increase customer data accuracy as well as knowledge of your customers across the organization. How […]
- Here’s why The New York Times broke down its martech and engineering silos
Sep 21, 2018 by Robin Kurzer
Though true collaboration between teams requires a ‘pardigm shift,’ The New York Times’ Pamela Della Motta, Kristian Kristensen say the gains were too productive not to merge them.
- Making the AI marketing journey a piece of cake
Sep 21, 2018 by Paris Loesch
How is using artificial intelligence in marketing similar to baking a cake? Contributor Paris Loesch explains.
From Marketing Land:
- Instagram rumored to be testing a hashtag selector tool, geo-fenced posts
Sep 21, 2018 by Amy Gesenhues
The company would not comment on possible features being tested but did confirm it was not building a native sharing feature.
- Google Data Studio comes out of beta
Sep 20, 2018 by Ginny Marvin
The company continues to develop new features for the reporting product.
From Around The Web:
- How Facebook built language translations in Messenger with M Suggestions, INSIDER
- The Big Platforms Are Giving Augmented Reality A Real Push, AdExchanger
- Advisor tech competition open to applicants | Financial Planning, www.financial-planning.com
- How Can Companies Defend Against Adversarial Machine Learning Attacks in the Age of AI?, securityintelligence.com
- MailUp Group to Acquire Datatrics and Enters the Artificial Intelligence Space | Markets Insider, markets.businessinsider.com
- Pentagon CIOs struggle with legacy tech, security. Sound familiar? | CIO, www.cio.com
- Tech: Programmatic ads are changing the media | The Edge Markets, www.theedgemarkets.com
- Walmart turns to VR and Oculus Go for associates’ training, www.engadget.com
- Why marketers weighing AR versus VR are asking the wrong question | PR Week, www.prweek.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.