MarTech Today: Tracking OTT ads to real-world purchases, Hitwise’s hourly updates & market segmentation strategies
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on MarTech Today, Marketing Land and other places across the web. From MarTech Today: Tru Optik, Kantar Millward Brown can now track real-world purchases by individuals to OTT TV ads Feb 2, 2017 by Barry Levine Companies say this is the first attribution chain […]
Barry Levine on February 3, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- Tru Optik, Kantar Millward Brown can now track real-world purchases by individuals to OTT TV ads
Feb 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
Companies say this is the first attribution chain from OTT TV ads to offline purchases.
- How machine learning impacts the need for quality content
Feb 2, 2017 by Eric Enge
As Google continues to invest in machine learning technology to help it better understand and parse user queries, columnist Eric Enge emphasizes the need for marketers to continuously improve content quality and user satisfaction.
- Hitwise now updates its audience tracking hourly
Feb 2, 2017 by Barry Levine
The higher frequency steps up the pace for tracking opt-in audiences across searches and websites.
- Solving a marketer’s top 3 segmentation dilemmas
Feb 2, 2017 by Mary Wallace
Columnist Mary Wallace discusses the three primary reasons market segmentation strategies fail and explains what you can do to solve the problem.
From Marketing Land:
- Amazon launches an Alexa hub to help marketers create voice skills
Feb 2, 2017 by Matt McGee
New resource targets brands and agencies that want a presence in the Alexa ecosystem.
- Google Data Studio removes 5 free reports limitation
Feb 2, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
Create and share as many free reports as you’d like.
From Around The Web:
- Google to end Hands Free pilot test on February 8, focus efforts on Android Pay, 9to5Google
- 3 Website Hacks to Radically Improve Your Conversion Rates, Jeff Bullas
- 3 Predictions for Native Video Trends in 2017, MarTech Advisor
- How Marketers Can Use Technology for Personalization, MarketingProfs
- How to build your own Twitter bot in less than 30 minutes, VentureBeat
- Loathe it or Like it, Display & Native Ad Tech Will Serve to Grab More Mindshare in 2017, MarTech Advisor
- Marketing Automation: Batteries Not Included, Content Marketing Institute
- The Automation Dilemma: Scaling Innovation or Building Walls of Discontent?, Conversocial
- Three full-stack marketing trends for 2017, Econsultancy
- Integrating Progressive Web Apps deeply into Android, Chromium Blog
- Protect your sending reputation with DKIM, Reach Mail
- 36 percent of publishers are wading into VR and AR, Digiday
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.