Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
MarTech Today: Tru Optik’s OTT Data Cloud, Google’s ‘Phantom’ & local marketing automation tools
Barry Levine on August 30, 2016 at 9:00 am
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Tru Optik launches OTT Data Cloud to bring segment targeting to connected TV
Aug 26, 2016 by Barry Levine
The company says this is the first time marketers can use web-like audience targeting for ad-supported TV seen via Roku, Apple TV or game consoles.
- Step by step, physical grocery stores are becoming back ends for online shopping
Aug 29, 2016 by Barry Levine
Walmart, Kroger, ShopRite and other traditional chains are jumping aboard, as physical store-less grocery providers like Amazon are moving in.
- With Panda in stealth mode, why Google’s quality updates should be on your algorithmic radar [Part 1]
Aug 29, 2016 by Glenn Gabe
What are Google’s quality updates (aka Phantom updates), and how can you recover? In part one of a two-part series on Phantom, columnist Glenn Gabe explains the history and possible mechanics of these algorithm updates.
- Compare 16 local marketing automation tools
Aug 26, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
Managing online citations, claimed and unclaimed listings, landing pages, reviews and ratings, and data feeds for hundreds or thousands of locations has become time consuming and costly for enterprise brands. Automating local marketing processes through LMA tools can provide numerous benefits. This 50-page report reviews the current trends and includes profiles of 16 leading local […]
From Around The Web:
- How Apple uses machine learning, venturebeat.com
- What Decision Makers Need to Know Before Investing in CRO or A/B Testing Software, vwo.com
- 27 Free Web Design Elements, Summer 2016, www.practicalecommerce.com
- 4 UI Design Lessons For Underserved Markets, www.fastcodesign.com
- 5 Ways To Improve Display Performance By Using Layered Targeting, www.ppchero.com
- B2B Ecommerce: Pros and Cons of SaaS Platforms, www.practicalecommerce.com
- Is Virtual Reality the Next Frontier for E-Commerce?, www.cmswire.com
- Facebook’s Mark Zuckerberg hopes to show off his Jarvis-like home AI next month, techcrunch.com
- IBM Wants You to Know AI Is Not Futuristic — It’s Here Now, adage.com
- Smart and Simple MarTech – How to Change the Tires While Driving, www.martechadvisor.com
- The Scatter Market Plateaus; Venture Capital Has Slowed For Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- Three Tools to Turn Your Brand Story into an Interactive Visual, www.internetmarketingninjas.com
- What to Consider When Choosing a Marketing Automation Platform, www.searchenginejournal.com
- WordPress for iOS Adds People and User Role Management, wptavern.com
- Facebook’s algorithm puts a fake news story in its Trending topics two days after firing its human editors, qz.com
- Can Augmented VR Turn Window Shoppers Into Buyers?, streetfightmag.com
- Here’s how shoppable video will (finally) work, venturebeat.com