MarTech Today: True Influence Opens Up, Curiosity Algorithms & Topsy Shuts Down
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- B2B Lead Provider True Influence Opens Up Its Internal Service Through New Cloud-Based Platform
Dec 16, 2015 by Barry Levine
Called InsightBASE, the new offering can provide individual prospects at specific companies for email and display ad campaigns.
- Will Europe’s New EU-Wide Privacy Rules Bring Coherence — Or More Chaos?
Dec 16, 2015 by Greg Sterling
On Tuesday, European officials approved data protection regulations that formalize many of the court decisions and other regulatory positions that have been taken over the past couple of years. The new rules, in development since 2012, would take effect in 2017 and apply uniformly across the European Union.
- Data-Led Link Building: Audience Segmentation & Analysis
Dec 16, 2015 by Chris Liversidge
Columnist Chris Liversidge explains how to use data to determine where and how to focus link-building efforts.
- Intentional Serendipity: How Marketing Analytics Trigger Curiosity Algorithms And Surprise Discoveries
Dec 16, 2015 by Joshua Reynolds
With the wealth of data available to marketers, marketing analytics can unveil unanticipated breakthroughs that will bolster your strategy, says columnist Joshua Reynolds.
- The ABCs Of Programmatic
Dec 16, 2015 by Digital Marketing Depot
The ABCs of Programmatic white paper from Marin Software is a detailed 18-page primer that will help you understand the huge programmatic opportunity and the lexicon and conventions you need to know to ride this latest wave of ad technology innovation to success. Read this paper to understand the programmatic ecosystem, the five key data […]
- Bing iOS App Gets Barcode Scanner For In-Store Price Comparison, Uber Integration & GIF Support
Dec 16, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Bing releases version 6.1 of their mobile app for iOS, bringing nice new and welcome features to the app.
- An In-Depth Look At Image Optimization: Fact And Future
Dec 16, 2015 by Clay Cazier
Columnist Clay Cazier separates known from unknown image optimization elements and looks to the future of the discipline.
- Apple Shuts Down Topsy & Redirects It To iOS Search Help Page
Dec 16, 2015 by Barry Schwartz
Without warning or explanation, Apple has closed down Topsy, the once-popular Twitter search engine.
From Around The Web:
- Europe Approves Tough New Data Protection Rules, New York Times
- IBM Bets on Watson With Global Research Center in Germany, www.bloomberg.com
- 7 Ways Predictive Intelligence Can Be Applied to Small Business Marketing, streetfightmag.com
- What Technologies Are Marketers Investing In?, www.emarketer.com
- Facebook and Uber Follow Asian Rivals in Plan to Enhance Messenger App, www.nytimes.com
- Google launches a 6-month accelerator to help startups build mobile products, venturebeat.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.