MarTech Today: Unruly’s new biometrics, Twitter’s app for Alexa & more
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- Unruly now offers biometric measurement of video ads
Sep 12, 2016 by Barry Levine
The new ‘holistic’ solution from the News Corp-owned ad tech firm provides brainwave capture by Nielsen, facial analysis by Affectiva, and sound analysis from Moodagent.
- New MarTech Intelligence Report: Digital Analytics Platforms
Sep 12, 2016 by Digital Marketing Depot
With the explosive growth of social media, video and mobile, the importance of understanding the contributions and relationships of these channels to website traffic and conversions has increased significantly. This 41-page MarTech Intelligence Report examines the current trends and issues in enterprise digital analytics, including omnichannel marketing, tag management and mobile measurement and optimization.
- [PODCAST] Marketing Land Live #27: Rants about Apple, when it’s illegal to link & more
Sep 12, 2016 by Matt McGee
In this week’s podcast, we talk about the Apple hardware announcement, the latest Google algorithm chatter and an EU case that suggests some types of links may be against the law.
- Twitter rolls out an app for Amazon’s Alexa voice assistant
Sep 9, 2016 by Tim Peterson
People can ask Amazon’s Alexa to read out their Twitter timelines as well as topics that are trending on the social network.
From Around The Web:
- Why Your Company Needs a Chief Data Science Officer, www.cmswire.com
- Apple Is Said to Be Rethinking Strategy on Self-Driving Cars, New York Times
- HP Buys Samsung’s Printer Business in $1.05 Billion Deal, adage.com
- How to test if your website supports HTTP/2, www.branded3.com
- How to Use UX Research to Create Smarter A/B Test Variations, conversionxl.com
- Tips To Add Maps Imaginatively On Your WordPress Website, www.wpexplorer.com
- Ad Tech Companies Are Testing New Formats Like Virtual Reality and 360 Video, www.adweek.com
- The Tech CMO Career Path, www.marketingprofs.com
- VC Sours On Media Companies Posing As Ad Tech, adexchanger.com
- Google’s new iOS app Cardboard Camera lets you snap VR photos to share with friends, techcrunch.com
- How Google And Others Are Plotting The Revenge Of The Web App, www.fastcompany.com
- Worried about bullying and fake stories on social media? There are tools for that, techcrunch.com
- Video Wars: WeVideo, Apple Innovate While Facebook Lags Behind With Important Tools, smallbiztrends.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.