MarTech Today: WordPress security updates, chatbots & blockchains
Amy Gesenhues on March 7, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- WordPress issues version 4.7.3 with six security fixes
Mar 6, 2017 by Matt McGee
Company says users are “strongly encouraged” to updates sites immediately.
- Chatbots: Hype or the real deal?
Mar 6, 2017 by Matt Silk
Are you considering implementing chatbot technology for your business? Columnist Matt Silk explains when this technology might be appropriate and whether or not you should buy into the hype.
- 5 tips and tricks for securing your marketing technology
Mar 6, 2017 by MarTech Today
This article is a guest post by Chris Spears of Arke Systems. It was entered into The Hackies essay contest for the upcoming MarTech conference. Like it? You can register your vote in the contest by sharing it on social media, especially LinkedIn, Facebook, and Twitter.
- PullString’s conversation platform now supports Google Home
Mar 6, 2017 by Matt McGee
Company touts iHeartRadio’s creation of a Google Home Action that allowed voice voting for Sunday night’s music awards show.
- What’s a blockchain? And how could it change marketing & advertising?
Mar 6, 2017 by Barry Levine
With promises of smart contracts, global and secure payment systems, token-based communities and transparent record keeping, blockchains are hot.
From Marketing Land:
- [Reminder] Live Webinar: Intro to Agile Marketing
Mar 6, 2017 by Digital Marketing Depot
Are you struggling to keep pace with rapidly changing customer needs and market demands? Are you slowed down by organizational silos, hierarchies and processes? It may be time to get agile.
- Google’s “One True Answer” problem — when featured snippets go bad
Mar 6, 2017 by Danny Sullivan
Obama’s planning a coup? Women are evil? Several presidents were in the KKK? Republicans are Nazis? Google can go spectacularly wrong with some of its direct answers.
- 5 quick web page fixes any blogger can make
Mar 6, 2017 by Drew Eastmead
Do you include subheads in your content? How about CTA buttons? Columnist Drew Eastmead outlines five best practices to keep in mind when you’re adding content to your company’s website or blog.
- 5 top hacks to step up your B2B content marketing strategy in 2017
Mar 6, 2017 by Alexander Kesler
From encouraging user-generated content to implementing the “Rule of Seven,” contributor Alexander Kesler suggests key shortcuts that can give your B2B content marketing strategy a competitive boost.
- Google tells retailers the Trusted Stores program is shutting down
Mar 6, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
The new program, Google Customer Reviews, will be managed from Google Merchant Center.
From Around The Web:
- 4 Ways to Modernize Your Marketing with Machine Learning, CMS Wire
- Conversable Launches AQUA to Help Businesses Prioritize Customer Questions and Modify Bot Intelligence in Real-Time, PR Web
- How to Add Live Chat to Your WordPress Site, WPExplorer
- How Do You Get More People to Use Enterprise Content Management Tools?, CMS Wire
- How to Use Email Automation to Boost eCommerce Conversions, Crazy Egg
- Why the false dichotomy between adtech and martech is dysfunctional, Chief Marketing Technologist