MarTech Today: WordPress’ Instant Articles plugin, Trade Desk goes native & top social listening tools
Here’s our daily recap of what happened in marketing technology, as reported on Marketing Land and other places across the web.
From Marketing Land:
- WordPress releases plugin to support Facebook Instant Articles
Mar 7, 2016 by Tamar Weinberg
WordPress has partnered with Facebook to launch a plugin that supports Instant Articles out of the box.
- IAB primer outlines anti-ad blocking choices for publishers — and their risks
Mar 7, 2016 by Greg Sterling
Report offers a range of options and approaches for publishers, featuring varying degrees of aggressiveness.
- Up close at SMX West 2016: Advanced audience targeting
Mar 7, 2016 by Christi Olson
Columnist Christi Olson recaps insights from a group of industry veterans at SMX West who discuss how to get the most from advanced audience targeting.
- DSP Trade Desk adds native ad support, with Sharethrough as first integrated SSP
Mar 7, 2016 by Barry Levine
The announcement means that programmatic implementation of native ads has taken another step forward.
- Forrester Wave Report Names Top Four Social Listening Tools
Mar 4, 2016 by Barry Levine
Research firm points out that with new features continually being added, social listening platforms are evolving into “social relationship” ones.
From Around The Web:
- Amazon to restore encryption to Fire tablets after complaints, www.reuters.com
- HTML Email Marketing Benefits, blogs.constantcontact.com
- Designing Social Interfaces: Principles, Patterns, and Practices for Improving the User Experience, www.uxmatters.com
- Brands Making Packages the Media of the Future, adage.com
- IAB Releases Ad Blocking Primer That Recommends a New “DEAL” Between Publishers and Consumers, www.iab.com
- Understanding the CMO-CTO Divide, www.martechadvisor.com
- Google Photos adds support for Live Photos on iOS, TechCrunch
- Google’s AMP: The Fun and User-Friendly Guide to Accelerated Mobile Pages, www.copyblogger.com
- How Facebook’s ‘App for Everything’ Could Revolutionize Media and Marketing, contently.com
- Mozilla tests the waters for Firefox OS IoT apps, including a Samantha-style virtual assistant, TechCrunch
- Why Every Marketer Should Be Keeping Up With the Evolution of Messaging Apps, www.adweek.com
- Why the IoT Needs a Chief Location Officer?, www.martechadvisor.com
- What Will Social Look Like at the End of 2016?, simplymeasured.com
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.