MarTech Today: xAd adds cost per visit, bad bots everywhere & Bing’s ‘Sportcaster’ bot for Messenger
Barry Levine on March 20, 2017 at 9:00 am
From MarTech Today:
- With cost per visit, xAd brings search-like performance to mobile advertising
Mar 17, 2017 by Greg Sterling
Brands and enterprises will pay only for customers who walk through the door.
- Report: Bad bots are swarming virtually every website and login page
Mar 17, 2017 by Barry Levine
The good news: They’re not evolving very fast, and new user IDs like biometrics may eventually challenge their growth.
From Marketing Land:
- Havas, the Guardian, British govt. blacklist Google, YouTube for ‘unacceptable’ ad placements
Mar 17, 2017 by Ginny Marvin
As pressure mounts, Google says it will make changes regarding ads being placed alongside extremist content.
- Bing rolls out ‘Sportscaster’ Messenger bot for March Madness
Mar 16, 2017 by Amy Gesenhues
Bing’s bot lets fans follow their favorite NCAA men’s basketball team and will send a message if a team advances in the tournament.
From Around The Web:
- Signal and Tapad Partner to Expand Customer Reach Across Devices, Signal
- Pepperjam Simplifies Retailers’ eCommerce Business with Shopify Integration, Business Wire
- Top 5 Social Media Monitoring Tools To Track Your Brand Keywords, Search Engine People
- Gmail can now stream video attachments on the desktop, The Verge
- LinkedIn open sources Flashback, a tool for mocking internet traffic, TechCrunch
- Google promises ‘more robust’ tools to help YouTube advertisers avoid controversial videos, VentureBeat