Stay marketing and tech-savvy. Get the latest in martech - subscribe to MarTech Today.
Share your marketing stack with the MarTech Today community
Submit a graphical representation of your organization's marketing stack to be featured in this new series at MarTech Today.
With the launch of MarTech Today, one of the regular features we’d like to introduce is the opportunity to “Share Your Marketing Stack” with the marketing technology community at large.
Marketing technology stacks — the collection of marketing technology products your company uses and how they’re conceptually organized — are an important part of modern marketing management.
Why share your marketing stack?
The goal is not to “share the secret sauce” or endorse any particular vendor of marketing technology. At the end of the day, all organizations choose specific marketing platforms and tools that fit their needs and goals.
But one of the key challenges all marketers face in today’s martech landscape is integrating all the pieces of the technology puzzle. By openly sharing submissions with your peers, these collective examples will help advance the practice of marketing technology management.
In addition, every submitted stack will be automatically considered in the 2017 Stackie Awards competition, presented by Scott Brinker at the MarTech USA marketing technology conference in San Francisco, May 9–11, 2017. (We’ll be sharing additional information about the Stackie Awards in the coming weeks.)
How to visualize your marketing stack
One excellent place to start is the Ultimate guide to building a marketing stack, a recap of presentation given by Travis Wright at last year’s MarTech conference. See these additional insights on conceptualizing marketing stacks from our staff and contributors.
More examples from the 2016 Stackie Awards competition:
Submit your marketing stack now
- Design a 16:9 (minimum 1920 x 1080 pixels) visual representation of your organization’s marketing stack, and submit in a high-resolution PPTX, PDF or jpeg format.
- Please include the following details as applicable:
- Include a paragraph or two that describes the rationale behind the way you’ve organized your stack and any guiding principles that you feel are important in its architecture.
- Explicitly name as many tools and commercial products as possible. You may use some generic placeholders (e.g., CRM, DMP) for products that you do not wish to disclose, but fully detailed stacks offer more tangible visualizations for the martech industry.
- Include a brief sentence for each key product that explains how or why your organization uses those tools.
- Name and note the roles of key managers and/or departments involved with managing various components of your marketing stack.
- Email your marketing stack and brief description.
By submitting your stack for consideration, you grant Third Door Media and its partners permission to republish and distribute the contents.
Opinions expressed in this article are those of the guest author and not necessarily MarTech Today. Staff authors are listed here.